Jump to content

shortCummins

Members
  • Content Count

    1,114
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

3,168 Excellent

2 Followers

About shortCummins

  • Rank
    Very Obsessed Member
  • Birthday 11/01/1958

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Cotgrave, Nottingham
  • Interests
    mainly WWII aircraft

Recent Profile Visitors

1,283 profile views
  1. you can get the book on Amazon... https://www.amazon.co.uk/Borneo-Boys-Helicopter-Indonesia-Confrontation-ebook/dp/B00HESTD36/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=Borneo+Boys&qid=1620045094&s=books&sr=1-1
  2. that's a good tip thanks for sharing rgds John(shortCummins)
  3. belated happy birthday hope your feeling a bit better rgds John(shortCummins)
  4. good save on the wing roots, a tip worth remembering rgds John(shortCummins)
  5. she looks good however the tool wall spoils the photos, perhaps you could use a clear space to show your model off better rgds John(shortCummins)
  6. thanks Chris on reflection I'd use the Uschi decals rather than the AK for future projects as they have a transparent background and would allow a more subtile difference between "panels" I'd also have used either all the "same colour" wood or far more of a mixture, I only used the "darker" wood for 4 or 5 strips (out of 40+) and they do stick out, better now with the oils added, so either more or none would have given a more consistent look, in my defence I thought they were transparent, should have know better!. thanks Roger its very close to the e
  7. I note from the photos that @k5054nz provided a link to that plywood strips are a lot thinner than my ones, hopefully mine give an “impression” of how the aircraft was made even if its not 100% accurate. The wood decals were left overnight to fully settle down and were then given a coat of Alclad ALC-314 klear kote flat. As a side note I think its worth mentioning that the wood decals are quite glossy when first applied, to my mind they look much better now that they’ve had a plat coat applied. This was left to cure and then various o
  8. very nice looks really wicked with the shark mouth rgds John(shortCummins)
  9. The AK decals, incidentally printed by Cartograf, were cut into strips and the Tamiya masking tape patterns used to cut the appropriate shapes. These were then positioned onto the airframe. The AK decals behaved flawlessly, I wouldn’t expect anything else from Cartograf, however they differ from the Uschi decals in that the Uschi ones have a transparent background while these are fully opaque. This means that the pre-shading was wasted (as shading) however, the pre-shade did help with the alignment so it wasn’t a complete wast of time
  10. both are little beauties, hard to believe they're only 1/72 rgds John(shortCummins)
  11. thanks for both the flicker and YouTube links, really interesting stuff rgds John(shortCummins)
  12. Due to the continual handling of the model while I masked the “linen” patches of the aluminium paint had worn off so I touched it up and then gave everything a coat of AK gauzy agent. I left the clear coat to fully cure for a day or two and then set about preparing the wood decals. I’ve got two sets of AK wood decals These are, more or less, the same ‘wood patterns’ at different scales which is OK for what I want to use them for. Basically I’m going to make plywood strips, rather than larger panels. I’ve no idea if this is how they were built but the pho
  13. truly outstanding work rgds John(shortCummins)
×
×
  • Create New...