Since we have an extra two weeks I thought I'd try and get one last build in. This is the Modelsvit 1/72 Mirage 2000C which I'll finish in a Tigermeet scheme using Syhart decals. In the interests of time the build will be OOB.

Here's the box shot and the special scheme:

Modelsvit Mirage 2000C

I've started with some minor assembly and priming of parts - no photos to share yet.

more soon

Julian

• Like 7

You've certainly picked a spectacular extra subject to fill in the final fortnight Julien and all reports suggest both kit and decals are top quality :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

On 1/13/2023 at 9:56 PM, Col. said:

all reports suggest both kit and decals are top quality

I'm very impressed with the kit so far. It's got a few short-run quirks about it - lack of locating pins, instructions that are a bit vague in places, components that are made up of more parts than you'd often expect (such as the main wheel wells, 5 parts each side, a couple of which are flat on the sprue and have to be folded to shape), and PE for some of the details. But it's nicely detailed, surface detail is nicely engraved, and best of all everything (so far) fits! There are also five marking options (none quite like the one I'm doing though!) and a set of pre-cut masks. 

Here's where I'm up to:

Modelsvit Mirage 2000C

more soon

Julian

• Like 6

43 minutes ago, Col. said:

Nice progress Julian. It's taking shape :thumbsup:

21 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Shes coming on pretty quick 

Thanks! Certainly going together quickly. I was a little nervous about this one, short run and all that, but needn't have been. It's a great little kit. I spent 5 mins this morning putting the intakes on - I don't think I've ever built a kit whose intakes fit better than this. There's a tiny gap at the wing root on one side, which probably comes down to me getting the wing alignment ever so slightly wrong, apart from that the fit is pretty much faultless. Which left me wondering, if Modelsvit can get it right, why can't the likes of Kinetic?

One small setback is that the drop tanks in this kit are the wrong ones for the scheme I'm doing. The recently-released 2000-5F kit has the right ones, so I've ordered one of them. There's pretty much no hope of it getting here in time for me to assemble, paint and install them by the 29th. So this will (all being well) go in the gallery without them, and I'll add them as soon as they get here.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, zebra said:

I was a little nervous about this one, short run and all that, but needn't have been. It's a great little kit.

That’s really encouraging. Like you I’ve ordered the new 2000-5 boxing, which I hop to build in the Dassault GB - looks like a beautiful model of a beautiful jet.

• Like 1

Everything looks to have come together nicely Julian although a primer coat will no doubt confirm that or whether any light remedial work will be required.

• Thanks 1

On 1/22/2023 at 11:25 PM, Wings unlevel said:

Could almost be a RAAF ARDU Fanta can WHIF at this point!

I'm not usually interested in WHIF builds but I could make an exception for a Mirage 2000 in the Fanta can scheme!

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Col. said:

How are the decals performing Julian?

Pretty well - I've got some more on today. But I wish the instructions were a bit clearer - placement of each decal is crucial, get one of them just a bit out of place and it'll cause problems down the line. I'm going to end up with a slightly different scheme from the original as there's one decal that I just can't get to fit! But I'm not going to worry about that too much, it's still going to be a pretty good looking scheme. Haven't taken any more photos today, will add some tomorrow though.

• Like 1

Finished - or at least finished-ish, pending delivery of the -5F and the big drop tanks. This has been a fun GB - lots of really interesting builds - and I've managed to finish 5 builds, which must be a record for me in any GB. Many thanks to the hosts!

IMG_3317

thanks for looking

Julian

• Like 7