New tool Canadian CT-114 Tutor in 1/48 scale from Kinetic Model

Julien

28 minutes ago, Admiral Puff said:

I'm sure it won't be long before Mike belcher, or someone else in the aftermarket world, will put out a Raven sheet! Definitely too good to let go by.

Belcher is a good bet, he could add the Raven to the sheet he already has.  That, and someone has to put out the 50th Anniversary scheme, whether it be Mike or in another boxing of the Kinetic Tutor.  If anything, aside from the Big 2 crest on the tails, I'd also like to see at most, CFS, FIS , and maybe even the Gimli "G" (1AFS?).  

In all honesty, I don't see anyone else putting aftermarket Tutor decals out, aside from Belcher.

• Like 2

For your information.

It is most likely that following the availability of the 1/48 Kinetic Canadair CT-114 Tutor an aftermarket producer will offer us

a 3D printed vinyl decals of the current analog dials cockpit of the Tutor + seat cushion + seabelts.

But the same aftermarket producer will also have to offer later a 3D printed vinyl decals of the brand new glass cockpit to come.  

20 x active Tutor jets will be upgraded by L3Harris and IMP Aerospace, including glass cockpit instrumentation and associated

avionics equipment.

The first conversion aircraft serving as prototype has been completed, with testing commencing in March 2023 in Trenton, Ontario

followed by operational test in Moose Jaw, home of the 431 Air Demonstration Sqn the Snowbirds.

😎

SharkOwl

Take a look here at the brand new Tutor glasss cockpit :   

https://www.facebook.com/groups/602341376444965/posts/6521876821158028/

2 hours ago, SharkOwl said:

For your information.

It is most likely that following the availability of the 1/48 Kinetic Canadair CT-114 Tutor an aftermarket producer will offer us

a 3D printed vinyl decals of the current analog dials cockpit of the Tutor + seat cushion + seabelts.

But the same aftermarket producer will also have to offer later a 3D printed vinyl decals of the brand new glass cockpit to come.  

20 x active Tutor jets will be upgraded by L3Harris and IMP Aerospace, including glass cockpit instrumentation and associated

avionics equipment.

The first conversion aircraft serving as prototype has been completed, with testing commencing in March 2023 in Trenton, Ontario

followed by operational test in Moose Jaw, home of the 431 Air Demonstration Sqn the Snowbirds.

😎

SharkOwl

Take a look here at the brand new Tutor glasss cockpit :   

https://www.facebook.com/groups/602341376444965/posts/6521876821158028/

Actually, the kit comes with the standard analog instrument panel, without the current GPS upgrades.  So you'd want to do the current panel with the GPS mods, in addition to the new glass cockpit.  I have a diagram of the current Snowbird instrument panel if you need it 

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Box art - ref. KH48082 - Canadair CT-114 Tutor - Demo Team

Sources:

https://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=KI-K48082

https://www.facebook.com/Kineticmodel/posts/pfbid02zFFBafuv9iaNgtKaUixC3rXQ4Zusinj6y7UVERZbXPJVTWtK1XNRoUuFkrunM7uTl

We are very happy to reveal the BoxArt for the New Gold Series Kinetic Model Kit the 1/48 Scale CT-114 Tutor.

Kit Reference:

48082 - CT-114 Tutor

The Tutor was the primary jet trainer for the Royal Canadian Air Force until 2000s. Also operated by Malaysia, the Tutor is two seat, side by side trainer and attack aircraft. The Royal Canadian Air Force Tutors are retired in early 2000's, but the Demonstration Squadron from RCAF, the world famous Snowbirds continue to fly the aircraft and should be in service until 2030.

Tutor's flown by Canadian Forces Snowbirds demonstration team has some improvements on the structure and avionics for better performance on low altitude flights.

Snowbirds demonstration at public events throughout North America showcase the high level of skill, professionalism, teamwork, discipline and dedication inherent in the Canadian Armed Forces.

Now we are proud to present this new kit with high technology and the well know Gold Series quality. This amazing boxart by the Antonis Karydis is another way to honor the Canadian Military Community and our loved customers from Canada.

FB-IMG-1683731996866.jpg

hi-PI000000291139.jpg

hi-PI000000291136.jpg
hi-PI000000291133.jpg
hi-PI000000291137.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Homebee said:

Box art

FB-IMG-1683731996866.jpg

V.P.

By the way, concerning Snowbird No.2 here on this superb boxart :

A new female pilot recruit this year on the Snowbirds Demo Team is Snowbird No.2, Inside Right Winger, Captain Caitie Clapp

originally from Ottawa, C-130 Hercules pilot and QFI / Qualified Flying Instructor on CT-156 Harvard II.

A long tradition within the RCAF, the pilots members of the Snowbird Team come not only from the Fighters community, but

also from the Transport and Helicopter career pilots and are practically all QFI on CT-156 Harvard II and/or CT-155 Hawk Lift.

Photo of Captain Caitie Clapp with Snowbird No.2 technician Corporal Jonathan Benson :

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cr3ev71rQmE/

Bio of Captain Caitie Clapp :

https://www.canada.ca/en/air-force/services/showcasing/snowbirds/members/captain-caitie-clapp.html

😎

A+ SharkOwl

Edited by SharkOwl
  • Like 5

Only $53 Cdn? I thought these would be around a hun. For a brand new model that's not bad. After shipping it gets up there. Hoping one of my LHS will have it.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, SharkOwl said:

Is somebody have an idea of the most probable release date / commercial availability of the Kinetic 1/48 Canadair CT-114 Tutor ?  

😎

SharkOwl

As of right now....October release and the model is available for pre-order at Luckymodel or your local hobby shop.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/11/2023 at 2:51 PM, Jon Bryon said:

It's a shame it can't be pre-ordered through the UK warehouse with UK RM postage. I'll wait till it's available through there - postage is much cheaper.

Jon

Same in Canada and the US, since there is no stock yet they don’t offer their local warehouse shipping rates yet.

On 5/11/2023 at 9:20 AM, busnproplinerfan said:

Only $53 Cdn? I thought these would be around a hun. For a brand new model that's not bad. After shipping it gets up there. Hoping one of my LHS will have it.

In the local hobbyshop it probably will be close to $100. The Kinetic CF-104 is also $53 Cdn direct from Lucky but it is much more expensive in the shops.

1 hour ago, Scooby said:

In the local hobbyshop it probably will be close to $100. The Kinetic CF-104 is also $53 Cdn direct from Lucky but it is much more expensive in the shops.

It's to bad, you try to support the shops, meanwhile you can get the same kit for way less from the far corners of the world. One shop's manager here said if you can find it cheaper get it. He said he recognizes the prices and has no choice but to mark it up. Bit of a conundrum, I think that's the word.

The mark-up is ridiculous, but people were willing to shell out $150 for a sub par kit that was discontinued over 20 years ago, so who knows.

Wheels and Wings (who are my LHS) have the kit on pre-order for $71 CAD. Regular price will be $79.

https://wheelswingshobbies.com/kink48082-kinetic-1-48-canadair-ct-114-tutor-demo-team/

The biggest equalizer has been shipping prices out of Hong Kong. Lucky Model has a huge sale on now with 20-25% off everything at the moment. However, unless you're willing to take their flat rate surface shipping option and wait a few months air mail is about the same as the kit if not more. 

I've often picked the surface shipping since I'm rarely in that much of a rush. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FG2Si said:

The biggest equalizer has been shipping prices out of Hong Kong. Lucky Model has a huge sale on now with 20-25% off everything at the moment. However, unless you're willing to take their flat rate surface shipping option and wait a few months air mail is about the same as the kit if not more.

They have the low surface rate only for some countries.

Unfortunately most European countries do not have the low surface mail rate and no local Luckymodel warehouse.

On 6/3/2023 at 9:14 AM, busnproplinerfan said:

It's to bad, you try to support the shops, meanwhile you can get the same kit for way less from the far corners of the world. One shop's manager here said if you can find it cheaper get it. He said he recognizes the prices and has no choice but to mark it up. Bit of a conundrum, I think that's the word.

I think the problem is there is always a distributor in between.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Hello from Québec, Canada.

For your information.

Some Canadian online hobby shop are sharing the following message :

Quote :

''The release date for Kinetic's highly anticipated 1/48 CT-114 Tutor has been delayed until the First Quarter of 2024.''

Unquote.

😎

SharkOwl

• 4 weeks later...

Update.

From canadian modellers who have directly collaborate with Kinetic for the 1/48 Canadair CT-114 Tutor project, it seems that moulds have

not been cut yet so Q1 2024 is unlikely.

It will most probably be a commercial launch for Q2 2024 or Q3 2024.

In the meantime, be informed that our friends of Leading Edge Models just reissue an interesting decal sheet at 1/48 and 1/72 scales, covering

RCAF 1967 Golden Centennaires CT-114, CT-133 and CF-104.

😎

SharkOwl

Leading Edge Models facebook reference :
https://www.facebook.com/lemdecal/posts/pfbid02rhXbG4KGZzvUedqG4nSsAXbbQKUKLuYbW8rhxmSWLj8rGUVVKPNJxrcBj97vAN6wl

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1