Panzerhaubitz 2000 and T-90K

echen

49 minutes ago, Old pro said:

Just a quick one before you push on, the sensor mast is upside down

I'll try and correct it

3 hours ago, Old pro said:

the big bit should be at the top,

@Old pro It is now at the top - so thanks muchly for the correction. 

The issue of the three large ERA plates each side of the drivers' compartment now arises. Two of them are adjacent to the area where the first skirt section has been torn off. I think I might just add the rearmost two on the RHS although the pic I found showing missing skirt in this area seemed to have all three still in place if I recall correctly. (I can't find the pic now).

Edited by echen

21 minutes ago, echen said:

@Old pro It is now at the top - so thanks muchly for the correction. 

The issue of the three large ERA plates each side of the drivers' compartment now arises. Two of them are adjacent to the area where the first skirt section has been torn off. I think I might just add the rearmost two on the RHS although the pic I found showing missing skirt in this area seemed to have all three still in place if I recall correctly. (I can't find the pic now).

I would just go with what you find aesthetically pleasing, particularly if doing a captured vehicle, it could be that they stuck one there without replacing the side skirts, if anyone says anything ask them to prove you wrong!😂😂 unless it’s a brand new vehicle it seems anything goes in this conflict🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

A little progress on the Pz H.

y4md5_EO01VWgROB5-ZdgOX0RK_fcV-jgtJqgiqG

Managed to get the rear panel on upside down! :wall:

It wasn't until I realised that the storage box on the right hand rear door was actually on the left that I picked up on it and carried out an urgent repair. Fortunately the Mr Cement had not set. (Phew!)

y4mGyqBTtB5_oPEv1Ge47EXkZl4G2mam9P0Dea9n

Edited by echen
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...

Got the first coat of Humbrol 86 Light Olive on the lower hull and running gear.

y4m9Ndny3UsGxXuLMo0qDOIOnhZWRFASJzA7XMLp

Some rough detail painting on the T-90, the second coat of Humbrol 117 and Humbrol 29 Dark Earth as a basecoat on the outer surface of the tracks.

y4mWEODhTvy5yx5B_qe86BB_DY_xECL3v5dMKmed

The turret MG lost its barrel so I cut it from the bracket and left the rest of the gun off.

However I found a pic of a T-90 with the MG in place but a cover over the barrel. Methinks I might try a scratch covered barrel and refit the gun.

• Like 6

On 05/04/2023 at 13:24, echen said:

Got the first coat of Humbrol 86 Light Olive on the lower hull and running gear.

y4m9Ndny3UsGxXuLMo0qDOIOnhZWRFASJzA7XMLp

Some rough detail painting on the T-90, the second coat of Humbrol 117 and Humbrol 29 Dark Earth as a basecoat on the outer surface of the tracks.

y4mWEODhTvy5yx5B_qe86BB_DY_xECL3v5dMKmed

The turret MG lost its barrel so I cut it from the bracket and left the rest of the gun off.

However I found a pic of a T-90 with the MG in place but a cover over the barrel. Methinks I might try a scratch covered barrel and refit the gun.

Trying to depict a covered MG would be better as there is a fixed cradle on the MG mount,

spacer.png

you seem to be missing the exhaust?

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Old pro said:

you seem to be missing the exhaust?

Not painted yet. Debating whether to open the end before fitting.

23 minutes ago, Old pro said:

I have loads spare if you needed one.

Thanks @Old pro. Hopefully I won't demolish the supplied part.

Looking at your T-90 photo it struck me that there are large areas of the turret top without ERA. Surely, with Javelins flying about it would make sense to cover the whole turret?

Edited by echen

17 hours ago, echen said:

Thanks @Old pro. Hopefully I won't demolish the supplied part.

Looking at your T-90 photo it struck me that there are large areas of the turret top without ERA. Surely, with Javelins flying about it would make sense to cover the whole turret?

Not really, the forward areas without ERA, are armoured blocks anyway, the crew area is covered by ERA, no point in putting it where it doesn’t need to be.

spacer.png

the red area is laminated armour whilst the crew occupies the yellow area only (along with the gun breech and auto loader etc)

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Old pro said:

Not really, the forward areas without ERA, are armoured blocks anyway, the crew area is covered by ERA, no point in putting it where it doesn’t need to be.

That really clarifies things and is most helpful.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Started the cam.

y4msN5pPXeerz5SER_L5DChV1mGOlohuZsNpVGUF

y4mfnjINZeGM5wRnXFISBEyZyb4W8XkIYigkJJ4G

y4mj09FjYJUGu51vpwLdDDvhrTORv3uHWECYNM7F

y4mrgS81xB400uBgW-1uTsNqtz-hXcb-7xIjN5GP

Looks a bit ropey so far but it is the first coat of a light colour (Revell Africa Brown Rev17) on a darker colour (Humbrol US Light Green 117)- at least, that's what I tell myself. AND I missed the bands round the gun barrel.

I got the large ERA side panels and the exhaust painted and fitted. Loads more to do but at least a little step forward........

Edited by echen
  • Like 6

Tracks base painted and cam almost complete.

y4mRzaLAJPhGlaf__rpszPGjLZJpA_0-j95b_tYB

y4mhOxfYpMeUPhdfDmYAi945QCncPeHrR9PqUd6D

y4mHdQshC6KAvOdgUizPIbGg-rix35o0_Uf0StEA

Edited by echen
  • Like 7

11 minutes ago, Milan Mynar said:

Nice camo of the T-90 .

@Milan Mynar Thanks mate. Not quite finished yet. There's some black edging to be added to some of the sandy brown patches - and then some mud and weathering.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Progress with the camo

embed?resid=354E4A428E98265D!4311&authke

embed?resid=354E4A428E98265D!4313&authke

embed?resid=354E4A428E98265D!4312&authke

And with her older sister

embed?resid=354E4A428E98265D!4310&authke

Detail painting, pin wash and weathering yet to be addressed.

Still undecided on Ukrainian national markings. National Flag colours or white cross?

• Like 8

• 5 months later...

Decisions, decisions! Can't make up my mind.

embed?resid=354E4A428E98265D!4652&authke

OR

embed?resid=354E4A428E98265D!4651&authke

The earlier images of "acquired " equipment seem to me to have borne the gold and blue of the Ukrainian flag. More recently the white cross has featured. As I'm building to @Bertie McBoatface's impressionist method I guess it comes down to what looks best in the paint.

And I still can't decide........................

• Like 3

Thanks for the likes, gents. Thanks too to @Stef N. for the view on the choice. White cross is easier to paint but the flag would tie in nicely with the T80BV.

Maybe I should have another go at home-made decals.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, echen said:

Maybe I should have another go at home-made decals.

Or maybe you could paint it on with a drip or two? Or do an oil paint 'smear' where the blue and yellow paints have run down in the rain? Perhaps they used indoor house paints in their hurry? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

fabricate fuel lines on a T-90 in 1/72nd scale

Found some close-ups of a 1:1 T90. It does not appear to have Tiran type fuel lines.

S'pose I'll just have to find a 1/72 Tiran..........................

• Like 1