Airfix 1:48 Supermarine Seafire F.Mk.XVII

On 8/9/2022 at 1:25 PM, Russmeister 101 said:

so I built her a Seafire... 

You charmer, you.

Beautiful Seafire, I’m sure she’s delighted with it. 

• Thanks 1

The folded wing came off well.  Besides it is a space saver and allows for models to be displayed, hence more models need to be acquired to fill the new spaces.  At least that is the reasoning I am giving SWMBO.  And lucky you with a significant other that shares you interests in modeling.  I just asked SWMBO if she wanted to spend the next weekend at a rather large airshow in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.  She wanted to know how long like maybe 2 hours?  I told her I would be spending at least that much time looking over all the aircraft (Confedera . . . sorry Commemorative Air Force main show) and the actual displays should last for about another 4 hours.  She is out.  Going to play with her horses instead.

Was the wing fold an option with this kit or did you use aftermarket?  Whichever it was, there is some nice detail there.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, georgeusa said:

Was the wing fold an option with this kit or did you use aftermarket?  Whichever it was, there is some nice detail there.

Hi there :D  The wing fold is a part of the Airfix kit, thankfully.  It's a shame that I didn't buy more of the kit, as it is a real peach is is becoming increasingly harder to find.   Ho Hum.....   Onwards!