Takom 1/144, MD-160 Lun-class Ekranoplan

Superb darryl,i really like it,  its not easy getting a boring grey colour to look as good as this, nice job,   you're armour painting  history's  paying dividends

👍

• Thanks 1

On 08/03/2022 at 20:10, Hewy said:

Superb darryl,i really like it,  its not easy getting a boring grey colour to look as good as this, nice job,   you're armour painting  history's  paying dividends

👍

Thanks but way too kind mate, happy accidents as some might say.

It really does need something to break it up otherwise its just a huge dull lump of pale grey!

Yeah I might have a problem, I can't paint anything without paint effects,  weathering or streaking....dreading what the bedroom will look like once I've finished painting there!

Cheers 

• Haha 3

Well for the first time ever I'm calling this done, way before the closing date for the GB!

I've fitted the Moskit tubes and the probe onto the nose. Little bit more streaking,  20mm barrels painted and some gunmetal pigment dusted onto the intake and exhaust detail, what little these is of it.

I'll post a few pics here and of course the 5 into the gallery. spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Think I can say I've rather enjoyed building this, so much so I could be tempted by some more kits in this scale. No faffing around with tiny details just relaxing straight forward build and a bit of fun painting and weathering. 

Good luck everyone with there own builds and thanks for looking in and leaving comments. 

Darryl 

• Like 11

3 hours ago, Jasper dog said:

No faffing around with tiny details just relaxing straight forward build and a bit of fun painting and weathering. 

And what a lovely result. It's a really mean machine the way you've done it. The tiny details are there, it's just that they are in the details of the paint! Most excellent indeed. 

I can't wait to see what you produce in The Entropy Group Build next year.

Please forgive me for the hijacking, but people who appreciate clever painting like yours need to know about this.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Chrisj2003 said:

@Jasper dog  love it; beautifully weathered, right weird looking, scary number of missiles.

:goodjob:

Chris

Thanks Chris, it is weird as someone mentioned earlier, like the lovechild of dumbo and flipper!

Those missiles must have been a fair size when you consider the Ekranoplan is the length of a 747.

2 hours ago, 81-er said:

That's a very nice end result, Darryl, I really like all the paint effects

James

Thanks James, really glad you like it, been a lot of fun, not just the build but the community spirit around the GB too.

Thanks again chaps.

Darryl 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Bertie Psmith said:

And what a lovely result. It's a really mean machine the way you've done it. The tiny details are there, it's just that they are in the details of the paint! Most excellent indeed. 

I can't wait to see what you produce in The Entropy Group Build next year.

Please forgive me for the hijacking, but people who appreciate clever painting like yours need to know about this.

Thanks Bertie, far to kind, turned out better than I'd expected, reached a point earlier today when it just said that'll do, enough! Sometimes it's easy to push things to far and I'd pretty much seen enough of it anyway.

Due to its size taking photos is pretty tricky so these will have to do.

No problem at all, more than happy for you to shill your GB! :thumbsup:.

Thinking possibly Bandi Star Wars of some description, I've heard nothing but good comments about those kits. Just between you and me thinking about an abandoned LNER AT-AT

19 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

No problem at all, more than happy for you to shill your GB! :thumbsup:.

Thinking possibly Bandi Star Wars of some description, I've heard nothing but good comments about those kits. Just between you and me thinking about an abandoned LNER AT-AT

I never knew that the London and North-Eastern Railway used AT-ATs. That's amazing!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bertie Psmith said:

I never knew that the London and North-Eastern Railway used AT-ATs. That's amazing!

Think a pair in garter blue would look magnificent, one as a van one as flat bed?

51 minutes ago, Col. said:

Excellent result Darryl :goodjob:

Are you remining with us for another project or directing your skills elsewhere?

Thanks Col, not sure, I've enjoyed your GB, as ever. However the M4 GB starts anytime soon....

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CliffB said:

A fabulous result Darryl.  Weird and wonderful :thumbsup:

Thanks Cliff, it's been a lot of fun, fancy doing another oddball but I've the M4 build coining up soon.

I've no idea what to do with the flippin thing now, it won't fit into the typical IKEA detolf cabinet, great for armour not so for Ekranoplans.

Good luck with Victor, looking forward to seeing the final result!

Cheers

Darryl 

• Like 1