1/48 Kinetic F/A-18C Blue Angels DONE

Lex77

Tried the fit of the front part of the windshield and it is not too bad after some sanding (the fit of the refueling probe is another thing).

20220128_202339

20220128_202354

Total view

20220128_202441

Not really a easy line to get rid off. Luckily for me the Blue Angels aircraft have their formationlights only vague visible

20220128_204700

• Like 6

Well done on the fit of the front canopy Lex, you got a much better one than I did.

The way that Kinetic have gone about doing the refueling probe area is a recipe for disaster and has very vague locating points which makes it a matter of luck as to how good a fit (or not) that you get, the amount of sanding needed on the nose area removes a great deal of the details doesn't it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Well done on the fit of the front canopy Lex, you got a much better one than I did.

The way that Kinetic have gone about doing the refueling probe area is a recipe for disaster and has very vague locating points which makes it a matter of luck as to how good a fit (or not) that you get, the amount of sanding needed on the nose area removes a great deal of the details doesn't it.

Yes, they didn't think it out in a right way. You have to sand areas where you don't want to sand.

• Like 1

Wasn't happy with the seams near the formation lights so I cut some evergreen to size;

20220130_172823

After some sanding I glued them in place;

20220130_172850

Will sand them back tomorrow.

As can been seen on the pictures above i glued the tails on. Kinetic has different tails for the A/B and C/D version.

For the A/C version you'll need to glue in some strenght plates but the don't mention exactly where and that you'll need to sand of the blocks on the inside.

20220130_172209

After some sanding;

20220130_201300

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lex77 changed the title to 1/48 Kinetic F/A-18C Blue Angels DONE