1/48th AMP Bristol Sycamore, 118 Sqn based in Northern Ireland, 1960`s

tonyot

On 9/20/2021 at 4:31 AM, Nachtwulf said:

I have to say that you've done a wonderful job with that! I am captivated by the look of the Sycamore. To me it has such a biomechanical insect look to it that I can't seem to look away! Well done!

Thank you,... yes I know exactly what you mean,..... I think it was definitely inspired by nature with that design. 

On 9/20/2021 at 6:10 AM, SteveMc said:

A very nice finish on your Sycamore Tony. That dayglo would have been hard to miss.

I lived in Londonderry in 1958-59 but was too young to remember it. My Dad was in the RN at RNAS Eglington.

I many trips to Belfast during the 1980's to visit my late grandparents. They were strange times. People just lived with the threat of terrorism, bombings and murders.

BTW there is a Sycamore in the Aussie FAA museum at Nowra, NSW, a couple of hours from where I live.

I took these a few months ago when the museum was open in between covid lockdowns

P1040581

P1040579

Thanks Steve,..... I can well imagine mate,.... the 80`s and 90`s were bad enough! Thanks for the pics too,.... I have a second kit which I`m probably going to do in that very scheme,.... I already have a 1/72nd one in that scheme on a very old kit! 

On 9/21/2021 at 7:24 PM, MACALAIN said:

Great build as usual

Alain

Thanks Alain,.... glad you like it mate,....

11 hours ago, Pete in a shed said:

Excellent job with the Sycamore Tony. Ive been toying with getting one in 1/72 as I enjoy doing the odd helicopter. Interesting write up too.

Pete

Cheers Pete,.... so many interesting schemes,..... I`ll be doing n all over yellow one in 1/72nd myself soon. 

9 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

That’s a fabulous looking model and very eye-catching! Beautifully made.

Thanks mate,.... very kind of you.

3 hours ago, F-32 said:

Ooooooh that's rather special! Lovely work.

LOL,...Thanks mate,..... glad you like it. 

2 hours ago, wellsprop said:

Lovely sycamore mate! You've done a really good job on the dayglo too :)

Thanks mate,.... glad you like it and I hope things are good with you.