A Trio Of Late Panthers.

2 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

I have the Dragon Ferdinand and Elephant kits in their Premium range, they later bought out the Elephant with the zimmerit moulded on, not sure how good that is as I have the earlier kit and the Atak zimmerit set.  The Tamiya kit doen't have zimm, but you can buy their stick on zimm decal stuff.  Not sure if the Amusing Hobby kit will have zimm, their release blurb shows it has the easy access rear hatch, I've never seen a photo with this feature, but my Dragon kit came with these parts but there is nothing in the instructions (usual Dragon) on what parts to use or what markings they carried.

Of course Ferdinands never had zimmerit, so that's an easier option.

Ferdinand for me then 🙂👍

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Andy J said:

As you say Darryl I can chuck away what I don't want and just build the shell....see that's why I'm known as....The Sensible One 😉

My MiniArt T-34/85 is the same tank but without any interior, kit #35293, probably cheaper. :winkgrin:

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Not short of Ferdinands/Elephants, two Dragon, one of each and a Tamiya with Atak zimm.

If someone did an Elephant with an interior then I'd be tempted, the fighting compartment would lift off nicely...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

My MiniArt T-34/85 is the same tank but without any interior, kit #35293, probably cheaper. :winkgrin:

I'm like a dog chasing his tail...

round and round and round......and still none the wiser 🙄

Time for bed....my head hurts 😫 

6 minutes ago, Jasper dog said:

I'd be tempted by the new Border Models T34 76 with the early spaced armour!

I have quite a few books on the T-34, never seen one like that before, the only time I've seen one with side armour is one captured by the Germans and they added side plates.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

I have quite a few books on the T-34, never seen one like that before, the only time I've seen one with side armour is one captured by the Germans and they added side plates.

Neither have I, looks quite good though....

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Andy J said:

round and round and round......and still none the wiser 🙄

Just trying to be helpful, the kit you showed T-34/85 # 35290 has interior parts and costs £58.50

The kit I have, T-34/85 #35293 does not have interior parts and costs £45, why pay £13.50 for interior parts that you do not want? 

Both available from Model Hobbies, that's where I got mine from. :winkgrin:

(Spend £60 and free p&p)

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

I have the Dragon Ferdinand and Elephant kits in their Premium range, they later bought out the Elephant with the zimmerit moulded on, not sure how good that is as I have the earlier kit and the Atak zimmerit set.  The Tamiya kit doen't have zimm, but you can buy their stick on zimm decal stuff.  Not sure if the Amusing Hobby kit will have zimm, their release blurb shows it has the easy access rear hatch, I've never seen a photo with this feature, but my Dragon kit came with these parts but there is nothing in the instructions (usual Dragon) on what parts to use or what markings they carried.

Of course Ferdinands never had zimmerit, so that's an easier option.

I am a massive fan of Tamiya and they can usually do no wrong in my book, but when it comes to the stick on Zim I feel they fail. Zero texture, flat and a bit dull. Get the Atak stuff. Just doing it now and it is far superior.

Edited by Stef N.
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Retired Bob said:

Just trying to be helpful, the kit you showed T-34/85 # 35290 has interior parts and costs £58.50

The kit I have, T-34/85 #35293 does not have interior parts and costs £45, why pay £13.50 for interior parts that you do not want? 

Both available from Model Hobbies, that's where I got mine from. :winkgrin:

(Spend £60 and free p&p)

Absolutely correct Bob I shall purchase the kit with no interior parts and then make sure I spend above £60 and when Mrs J asks why I shall reply.....Bob told me too....😉🙂👍

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Stef N. said:

I am a massive fan of Tamiya and they can usually do no wrong in my book, but when it comes to the stick on Zim I feel they fail. Zero texture, flat and a bit dull. Get the Atak stuff. Just doing it now and it is far superior.

As usual Stef I have no idea what this Atak stuff is.....any chance of a pic or two when you get time 🤔👍

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy J said:

As usual Stef I have no idea what this Atak stuff is.....any chance of a pic or two when you get time 🤔👍

Basically they are thin sheets of resin, textured Zimmerit which you glue onto relevant areas.(There's also a few resin moulded parts). Atak are a Polish company and they make sets for various tanks and manufacturers. Easy to use with a resin friendly glue. The only very slight negative is that they don't include any instructions so you will have to do your own homework for where parts go.

https://www.scalemates.com/brands/atak-model--676

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Basically they are thin sheets of resin, textured Zimmerit which you glue onto relevant areas.(There's also a few resin moulded parts). Atak are a Polish company and they make sets for various tanks and manufacturers. Easy to use with a resin friendly glue. The only very slight negative is that they don't include any instructions so you will have to do your own homework for where parts go.

https://www.scalemates.com/brands/atak-model--676

Hmm interesting...what glue do you use then Stef 🤔 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

Simon (Redcoat) suggested this stuff and it worked a treat. Only trouble was trying to find it at B and Q. Anything similar should do. You just need a few minutes leeway to manoeuvre the zim.

https://www.diy.com/departments/diall-solvent-free-white-grab-adhesive-67ml/3663602708384_BQ.prd

Thanks Stef it seems they do the zimmerit for loads of kits so I'll be giving this a go in the future. Thanks for all your help and advice much appreciated 🙂👍

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Stef N. said:

No worries. It's great stuff to use and saves a lot of faffing about. Keeping my eye out for your new project.👍

Thanks Stef, the new project hasn't arrived yet but is imminent, it's this kit from Miniart 🙂👍

spacer.png

Worn out and battered exactly how I like them....Happy Days 😊 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Andy J said:

Thanks Stef, the new project hasn't arrived yet but is imminent, it's this kit from Miniart 🙂👍

Top tip with this one Andy, it doesn't need zimmerit. :winkgrin:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Retired Bob said:

Top tip with this one Andy, it doesn't need zimmerit. :winkgrin:

Ha ha...believe it or not i actually knew that Bob 😂😂👍

• Haha 1