Hurricane Mk.I

Evening all,

A few more bits and pieces added to the Ground Crew figure:

50265018517_dcc478256c_b.jpg

Some creases and folds have been added to the left leg of the trousers which allowed me to affix the left arm, to which I've also added a watch.  I had a go at a shoe which has proved almost as difficult as an ear to make look convincing. The whole lot has been given a liberal coating of Mr. Surfacer 500 which has shown up just how rough the general surface is so I may have to use a little filler to deal with the worst of it, but as it is mainly representing fabric I'm not too concerned. I am mostly happy about the pose but the right leg and how the foot will be arranged is still vexing me.

And shock horror...I also managed to do a bit of work on the Hurricane, the actual main subject of the build:

50264182013_0d1308e434_b.jpg

Mainly painting but I did manage to get the engine bearer and firewall fitted also.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

Evening all,

Added a bit of colour to the Ground crew figure, all painfully slow progress I'm afraid:

50302800931_9b8adba01a_3k.jpg

The side cap, gas mask bag and helmet have been added all sculpted from apoxie sculpt except the side cap which showed up the workability issues with the product so I reverted to Chavant clay which is harder when cool and can be carved to shape, however it never really hardens completely but does take paint very well. The strap on the gas mask bag is too thick so I'll have to change that at some point.

Cheers,

Mark.

• Like 7

That figure!!  :gobsmacked:

I keep hovering my finger over certain 1:24 aircraft bids but always manage to drag myself away as I know I should. However, I have a feeling this build will tempt me to take the plunge (even though I'll know I won't do it half the justice)!

• Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry chaps, but all modelling on hold at the moment due to work. This one never really got going despite eagerly looking forward to it! so all back in the box for the foreseeable!!

apologies again.

Mark.

• Sad 5

Hi Mark. Sorry to hear that progress has stalled for now. I will look forward to seeing it back in progress at some point in the future.

Kind regards,

Stix