“God himself could not sink this ship” (Acadamy 1:700)

More time today and now calling this one done. As previously stated, this was a bit of fun but I'm sure given more time and effort, this particular kit could be build into a fair representation of the real thing!!

Thank you to our hosts and everyone who followed this build. Apologies for the large gap in proceedings!!

Cheers

Nigel

2icrNSE%5D

2icua2X%5D

2icu9YW%5D

2icrP1W%5D

2icrPgk%5D

• Like 3

Love it Nigel great job and a fine finished build,My eldest bought me Airfix's Queen Mary 2 for Christmas I definitely need to light it now after seeing

this.

• Like 2

On 1/9/2020 at 11:17 PM, whitestar12chris said:

Cracking job there Nigel, love the lighting.

All the best Chris

Thank you, Chris. The lighting is what attracted me to the kit so I'm glad you like it! :happy:

14 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Love it Nigel great job and a fine finished build,My eldest bought me Airfix's Queen Mary 2 for Christmas I definitely need to light it now after seeing

this.

Hi Steve and thank you! It's clever how they make the lighting so easy. Look forward to seeing yours when done :smile:

8 hours ago, Mr Bowcat said:

Really nice job. I've been meaning to build a Titanic for my missus as she is a bit of a fan. Where did you get the wooden decking from?

Hi, Thank you. It took me a couple of months but I put a search into eBay and one 'popped up' one day. If you live near the South Coast, you are welcome to have this one! I enjoy building but always struggle as to where to keep them!!

• Like 2

This kits looks great.  Amazing job.  And you've inspired me, I think I'll build one as a gift for my dad, as he loves Titanic (he's already had me build him a little metal earth Titanic).  Well done my friend.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wimbledon99 said:

Hi, Thank you. It took me a couple of months but I put a search into eBay and one 'popped up' one day. If you live near the South Coast, you are welcome to have this one! I enjoy building but always struggle as to where to keep them!!

Very kind of you to offer, but I'm in London. :)

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HoolioPaulio said:

This kits looks great.  Amazing job.  And you've inspired me, I think I'll build one as a gift for my dad, as he loves Titanic (he's already had me build him a little metal earth Titanic).  Well done my friend.

You are very kind. Thank you :happy:

3 hours ago, Mr Bowcat said:

Very kind of you to offer, but I'm in London. :)

That's a shame. You're welcome.

• Like 1