Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/48 - Piaggio-Pegna Pc.7 by AMP - released

Recommended Posts

Never heard of this before. Fascinating design.

Only ever flown as an RC though.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

 

I really wanted this model so I bought it. Unfortunately the kit has a lot of problems!

 

- It says 1/48 scale on the box but when you measure the wings and fuselage with their known sizes(wikipedia and a document written by the engineer itself) and recalculate you come out on 1/50 scale... there is a 1/50 scale plan on the internet and the parts are clearly modelled on this plan. It does say 1/50 scale on the plan not 1/48 scale...

- Casting quality is not so great on some parts. On the underside of the wings the lines that are part of the wing radiators just stop in the middle sometimes.

- On the nose radiator parts the sprue is attached in the first few lines of the radiator. 

- Wingtips are not fully cast and impossible to get free of the sprue without damage.

- A 1/72 scale seat taken out of the 1/72 scale Tamiya Seiran for comparison is actually wider than the 1/48 scale seat of the kit. I do not believe you could fit more than one leg of a scale 1/48 pilot in the seat. I made a bigger seat but you are limited by the small diameter of the fuselage.

 

So by all means buy it and enjoy it but you wil have to do some extra work. And it will still be 1/50 scale. 

I did mention all of this to Mikro Mir via Facebook and they responded that they would look into it and would have to correct some things...

 

I really want them to succeed since they will be bringing more Schneider cup racers out. Soon there will be a Supermarine S5 and the next wil be the Macchi M.67 or so they told me.

I hope the S5 will be better but the casting quality of the sprues they showed on facebook did not really convince me...

 

Take care

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lightpainter said:

Hi,

 

I really wanted this model so I bought it. Unfortunately the kit has a lot of problems!

 

 

That's some troubling information you bring up, friend. Thanks for going through this work for us, though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Lightpainter said:

Hi,

 

I really wanted this model so I bought it. Unfortunately the kit has a lot of problems!

 

- It says 1/48 scale on the box but when you measure the wings and fuselage with their known sizes(wikipedia and a document written by the engineer itself) and recalculate you come out on 1/50 scale... there is a 1/50 scale plan on the internet and the parts are clearly modelled on this plan. It does say 1/50 scale on the plan not 1/48 scale...

- Casting quality is not so great on some parts. On the underside of the wings the lines that are part of the wing radiators just stop in the middle sometimes.

- On the nose radiator parts the sprue is attached in the first few lines of the radiator. 

- Wingtips are not fully cast and impossible to get free of the sprue without damage.

- A 1/72 scale seat taken out of the 1/72 scale Tamiya Seiran for comparison is actually wider than the 1/48 scale seat of the kit. I do not believe you could fit more than one leg of a scale 1/48 pilot in the seat. I made a bigger seat but you are limited by the small diameter of the fuselage.

 

So by all means buy it and enjoy it but you wil have to do some extra work. And it will still be 1/50 scale. 

I did mention all of this to Mikro Mir via Facebook and they responded that they would look into it and would have to correct some things...

 

I really want them to succeed since they will be bringing more Schneider cup racers out. Soon there will be a Supermarine S5 and the next wil be the Macchi M.67 or so they told me.

I hope the S5 will be better but the casting quality of the sprues they showed on facebook did not really convince me...

 

Take care

I received mine 2 weeks ago and after looking I'mTotaly agree with you!

I can add:

-pourly molded engine support

-wrong canopy

I don't measure the kit, doing that soon....

I'm a little disappointed.

 

Finaly, the Italian Kit Piaggio is not so bad......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, roadrunner said:

I received mine 2 weeks ago and after looking I'mTotaly agree with you!

I can add:

-pourly molded engine support

-wrong canopy

I don't measure the kit, doing that soon....

I'm a little disappointed.

 

Finaly, the Italian Kit Piaggio is not so bad......

 

I had the choice between the Mikro Mir kit and the Italian kit. The resin kit was more than twice as expensive and I had read that it was not so easy to build either. Might be more correct scale wise though..

Till now I did not find any review about the Micro Mir kit and its hard to see the problems in the plastic bag so I bought it but as you I am disappointed... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Lightpainter said:

I had the choice between the Mikro Mir kit and the Italian kit. The resin kit was more than twice as expensive and I had read that it was not so easy to build either. Might be more correct scale wise though..

Till now I did not find any review about the Micro Mir kit and its hard to see the problems in the plastic bag so I bought it but as you I am disappointed... 

Hi, Lightpainter!

 

Let me start by saying that I don't have Mikro Mir/AMP PC.7 but I have some Mcro Mir kits. They are typical short run and not easy to build. Seeing above the AMP PC.7 sprues I think it is similar to the ones I have. So I guess it will need a lot of work, putty and funny days sanding...

 

I can talk about Italian Kits PC.7. Do you like resin kits? Sorry, do you like hard resin kits? I love unusual models. It doesn't matter if I have to build resin or plastic kits. Well, how can I say... Italian Kit PC.7 is not a kit for beginners. If you hate resin kits, it's not for you either. But if you are looking for a challenge, this is undoubtedly your kit. With a lot of work you can get a nice model.

 

Let me show a picture of the sprues...

 

spacer.png

 

 

And the finished model...

 

spacer.png

 

You can see the WIP thread in the following link; https://maquetas.mforos.com/1642591/12972444-piaggio-pegna-pc7-italian-kits-1-48-presencial/ It could give you an idea about how I enjoyed building this kit...

 

And the finished model in https://maquetas.mforos.com/353330/12974534-piaggio-pegna-pc7-italian-kits-1-48-fuengirola-2018-presencial/

 

I hope this post could help you to take a decision...

 

Cheers!

 

Miguel

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mihajlo said:

Hi, Lightpainter!

 

Let me start by saying that I don't have Mikro Mir/AMP PC.7 but I have some Mcro Mir kits. They are typical short run and not easy to build. Seeing above the AMP PC.7 sprues I think it is similar to the ones I have. So I guess it will need a lot of work, putty and funny days sanding...

 

I can talk about Italian Kits PC.7. Do you like resin kits? Sorry, do you like hard resin kits? I love unusual models. It doesn't matter if I have to build resin or plastic kits. Well, how can I say... Italian Kit PC.7 is not a kit for beginners. If you hate resin kits, it's not for you either. But if you are looking for a challenge, this is undoubtedly your kit. With a lot of work you can get a nice model.

 

Let me show a picture of the sprues...

 

spacer.png

 

 

And the finished model...

 

spacer.png

 

You can see the WIP thread in the following link; https://maquetas.mforos.com/1642591/12972444-piaggio-pegna-pc7-italian-kits-1-48-presencial/ It could give you an idea about how I enjoyed building this kit...

 

And the finished model in https://maquetas.mforos.com/353330/12974534-piaggio-pegna-pc7-italian-kits-1-48-fuengirola-2018-presencial/

 

I hope this post could help you to take a decision...

 

Cheers!

 

Miguel

 

 

Hi Miguel,

 

So you are the one that made that did this fabulous build 🙂

I did see photographs of this build and they inspired me! I did not see the WIP before though and it is very interesting. Especially your use of the different shades of red!

 

Unusual models are what I like too so in the past I build a lot of vacuform kits, that was the only way to get those unusual models in the past. I only started building again last year after a more than 10 year spell of inactivity and the first model I completed is here : 

I still went to club meetings so I was not completely out. I did not want to lose contact with my friends who in some cases I knew for more than thirty years. 

 

So we share a love for the unusual 🙂

Do I love resin kits... I will have to find out.

I do have 4 resin kits in the stash, two I got as a gift from my friends who wanted to get me building again(the SBS models).

 

SBS 1/72 scale models : "De Havilland DH-88 Comet" and the "Latecoere 28-3 'Comte de la Vaulx"

Profil24 1/24 scale resin kits : "Macchi M39 winner of the Schneider cup of 1926" and the "Gloster VI Racer build for the Schneider cup of 1929"

 

So we will soon see if I like Resin kits or not... 😅

 

Just wanted to ask, that base plate is it wood? very nice, gives a touch of class!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/08/2019 at 09:29, Lightpainter said:

Hi Miguel,

 

So you are the one that made that did this fabulous build 🙂

I did see photographs of this build and they inspired me! I did not see the WIP before though and it is very interesting. Especially your use of the different shades of red!

 

Unusual models are what I like too so in the past I build a lot of vacuform kits, that was the only way to get those unusual models in the past. I only started building again last year after a more than 10 year spell of inactivity and the first model I completed is here : 

I still went to club meetings so I was not completely out. I did not want to lose contact with my friends who in some cases I knew for more than thirty years. 

 

So we share a love for the unusual 🙂

Do I love resin kits... I will have to find out.

I do have 4 resin kits in the stash, two I got as a gift from my friends who wanted to get me building again(the SBS models).

 

SBS 1/72 scale models : "De Havilland DH-88 Comet" and the "Latecoere 28-3 'Comte de la Vaulx"

Profil24 1/24 scale resin kits : "Macchi M39 winner of the Schneider cup of 1926" and the "Gloster VI Racer build for the Schneider cup of 1929"

 

So we will soon see if I like Resin kits or not... 😅

 

Just wanted to ask, that base plate is it wood? very nice, gives a touch of class!

 

 

Hi, Lightpainter

 

Thank you for your kind words J

 

The base plate I used was the reference 36046 from Miniart (Cobblestone pavement).

 

spacer.png

 

Your Devastator is superb! Congratulations!

 

I can see that you love unusual models. Very interesting…

 

Cheers!


Miguel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...