1 hour ago, FrancisGL said:

It goes very advanced the kit, good work, it will be er and interior when it is finished? ...
Does it look like Rhino ?? Of WH40K ...
:popcorn:

Cheers Julian :D

I would prefer to call it a "German Unicorn" but it still remains ugly :think:

9/6 update.

After a very busy week I was able to finish the JT build and do some more work on the A7V build. Lots of innards added, not that much of this wil be visible when the build is finished:

DSCN5058.jpg

DSCN5059.jpg

DSCN5060.jpg

DSCN5061.jpg

DSCN5062.jpg

:think:

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

Those chairs look like they should be in an office some where, also like the spud mashers lying around. 

All in all looking good Gremlin.

Can you imagine they really put leather chairs in these tanks? It had me wondering where the mini fridge had gone to keep the commanders  Bubbles and munchies cool........................

How are things going with the Rhino build at "casa Simon"?

• Like 1

Looking really good. I'm afraid age is getting the better of me. At the Saumur show on Sunday, I took a couple of photos of the Schneider they have there, only to get home and find that your not building one. I must start taking the tablets regularly.:huh:

John.

• Like 1

The Leather chairs and all the brass fittings remind me of the control area on captain Nemo's Nautilus submarine  :snorkle:

beefy

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Kris B said:

If I have to go inside those loose grenades make me bit worry. 

Interior looks like office, not a tank - good job. 

Not a good idea, grenades rolling around when driving, don't think much wil be seen of them when things are sealed up ;)

11 hours ago, Bullbasket said:

Looking really good. I'm afraid age is getting the better of me. At the Saumur show on Sunday, I took a couple of photos of the Schneider they have there, only to get home and find that your not building one. I must start taking the tablets regularly.:huh:

John.

Hi John,

Must have been interesting to see the tanks in motion and making a lot of noise, have only seen some you tube films of Saumur,

:yes:

10 hours ago, PhilHendry said:

It's looking really good. Something very 'steampunk' about those leather chairs in a tank!

All the brass exaggerates the steam punk look, the armchairs are supposed to be red leather though.

8 hours ago, longshanks said:

Wot beefy said.............

What a fun build, I'm expecting a fireplace complete with chimney

Kev

Captain Nemo would have needed a very long chimney to keep the fire burning at 20000 leagues under the sea guys. Might fit a stove though, :think::hmmm::wicked:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gremlin56 said:

Hi John,

Must have been interesting to see the tanks in motion and making a lot of noise, have only seen some you tube films of Saumur,

:yes:

Hi Julian,

Unfortunately, a health issue caused me to leave early this year, so didn't see the parade shame as they were going to run the M4A1(76) as well aa one of their Centurions. But previous shows have been great. The highlight of one a couple of years ago was when the crowd on one side completely disappeared in a cloud of exhaust smoke when the T-72 moved off. The coughing nearly drowned out the engine noise!

John.

• Like 1

10/6 update.

Replaced the plastic Mg barrels with brass ones and started fitting them. Added the Norwegian log fire Kev requested this morning. I'll have to drill a hole in the cabin roof for the chimney but it will look rather sexy I think:

DSCN5069.jpg

DSCN5070.jpg

DSCN5071.jpg

DSCN5072.jpg

:P

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Spookytooth said:

Ruddy Hell, it`s got central heating as well.

Where is the bar?

Looking great as per normal Gremlin.

I like it already.

Simon.

Thanks Simon, a bar you say? Heck, might even be able to rustle that up as well, just waiting for Keith to request a rooftop Jacuzzi with Kate Perry in it ( :hmmm::wicked:).

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Kris B said:

Thise metal barrels looks good. Are they much better then the plastic ones? 

To be honest Kris I think if i had left the plastic ones on instead of these no one would have noticed and the detailing would have been marginally better.

PE and Brass isn't always an improvement on the OOB parts. Of course this is a secret so no one will know......................:wicked:;)

1 hour ago, Gremlin56 said:

To be honest Kris I think if i had left the plastic ones on instead of these no one would have noticed and the detailing would have been marginally better.

PE and Brass isn't always an improvement on the OOB parts. Of course this is a secret so no one will know......................:wicked:;)

I thought the same thing with mine. I ended up leaving the main body of the weapons plastic and just replaced the barrels at the end.

One thing to be aware of when it comes to the ceiling, I found the angles were not quite steep enough and so the roof sat like a partly opened can.  I was hoping to have it so the roof could be lifted away but in the end I had to seal it down.  Hopefully it was just a qwerk of my particular kit but thought I would let you know.

Edited by Mikehool
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, Mikehool said:

I thought the same thing with mine. I ended up leaving the main body of the weapons plastic and just replaced the barrels at the end.

One thing to be aware of when it comes to the ceiling, I found the angles were not quite steep enough and so the roof sat like a partly opened can.  I was hoping to have it so the roof could be lifted away but in the end I had to seal it down.  Hopefully it was just a qwerk of my particular kit but thought I would let you know.

Thanks for the tip Mike, have been test fitting the four "walls" all the way. I'm hoping things will mate up with super glue and poly glue and any gaps with several sorts of putty. If that doesn't help maybe harsh language....................................................

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Thanks for the tip Mike, have been test fitting the four "walls" all the way. I'm hoping things will mate up with super glue and poly glue and any gaps with several sorts of putty. If that doesn't help maybe harsh language....................................................

I personally found the walls one of the easiest to fit as they were so well engineered. The fine gaps that were present were small enough that the primer filled the holes

11/6 update.

Mike was correct about the fit of side panels. The roof would appear to be a bit of a challenge, still time to think about the plan of attack though:

DSCN5073.jpg

DSCN5074.jpg

DSCN5075.jpg

DSCN5076.jpg

DSCN5077.jpg

DSCN5078.jpg

DSCN5079.jpg

DSCN5080.jpg

DSCN5081.jpg

Barbecue time, cheers :yahoo:

• Like 7