A-10, 1/48, Tamiya - Fiiiinnnnniiiished!!!!!!! :)

17 minutes ago, Hewy said:

Absence makes the heart grow fonder ,so they say ,...tis lookin good though 

Youre not kidding! Im dying to get the last bits on it now, its soooooooo close!

And thanks, Im quite pleased with it so far.

Spam:

P1120081%20Large.jpg

Until next time....

• Like 6

I think you've every reason to be pleased with this one. It's going well and looking as if it has the potential to be a great model once finished.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot.

Any thoughts on what matt lacquer type stuff I should use for the Hog?

I have some Humbrol Matt Cote here, but not sure if I trust it. Back to Halfords for a rattle can...?

14 hours ago, RMP2 said:

Forgot.

Any thoughts on what matt lacquer type stuff I should use for the Hog?

I have some Humbrol Matt Cote here, but not sure if I trust it. Back to Halfords for a rattle can...?

I have been very impressed with Halfords Satin laquer. Not tried the Matt Laquer yet but had very bad experiences with Humbrol varnishes.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, At Sea said:

I have been very impressed with Halfords Satin laquer. Not tried the Matt Laquer yet but had very bad experiences with Humbrol varnishes.

Likewise re the Halfords stuff, however it did try to eat parts of my A-10s Humbrol enamel, think I went a little heavy with it, tis a warning nevertheless!

Will pick some of their matt stuff up this afternoon I reckon, see how it goes.

Well, the Halfords matt lacquer seems to have come out just slightly less satin than their satin... but no bother, looks ok to me and killed the odd bit of silvering that Id got from some decals, so all cool.

Not had as much time on it as Id have liked this weekend, but heres how we stand right now. So, so, so close!! So close a pilot cant even wait to get painted before jumping in....

Just a few bits left to stick on really, but its "resting" after a few little bits got added a little while ago,

P1120094%20Large.jpg

Bomb cart isnt that green, camera is doing its own thing there.

• Like 6

It's doing a Han Solo til next weekend, sadly. But yeah,  the difference some decals make! :)

Cheers David and Col. Unsure about using any crew - I can never get skin tones right. I do have a load of US ground crew but unsure if it would all really work with those on its glass shelf.

Maybe just sort of match it to the Frogfoots extras and add a suitable pilot to that too... will ponder.

Edited by RMP2
new phone autocorrect....

I guess I forgot to make a second exhaust cover... or if I didnt then I certainly cannot find it. Bugger.

P1120097%20Large.jpg

So. While that does its glue-drying thing I might do some selective Foot of Frog stencil decalling...

• Like 1

Ive just noticed that the ECM pod that comes with the kit doesnt appear to be correct. Too short and missing a bump or two. Doesnt sound much, but looks wrong even to me.

Heres what I was about to paint up (even mounting it further forward than Tamiya have done doesnt quite work):

P1120098%20Large.jpg

Thats what it should look like:

5.jpg

Added it to my wanted list in the correct section should anyone be able to help me out -

Edited by RMP2
Showing the difference might have been an idea....
  • Like 3

Spot the difference:

P1120106%20Large.jpg

That will be glued n primered this evening. Just remembered those PE belts that I had deliberately forgotten and theres a bit of cockpit work left as well as the engine covers to finalise.

Other than that, from a quick glance right now, thats it other than some little bits of weathering and dirt that have got to be on an A-10 regardless of how clean they are attempted to be kept.

No problem in finishing it this weekend then, eh....?

• Like 2

Not quite the progress Id hoped for. Are weekends getting shorter?

P1120108%20Large.jpg

Lovely looking pod though! Would be even better if that wasnt my last little bit of Honda Polar White, was finished AND stuck on the Hog.... Next weekend. I promise!!

• Like 4

ps - can anyone point me in the direction of a friendly person who can print white or light grey decals?
Its so I can bung some nice squadron/wing emblems on the intake covers as I think they need a little livening up still.

• 2 weeks later...

Had to work the weekend... no fun working away from home. I'm back friday though, hopefully with avengence!

Still looking for help with white printed decals on some clear sheet - I'm all ears for suggestions. :)

• Like 2