A-10, 1/48, Tamiya - Fiiiinnnnniiiished!!!!!!! :)

On 2017-5-14 at 22:16, RMP2 said:

Not quite the progress Id hoped for. Are weekends getting shorter?

P1120108%20Large.jpg

Lovely looking pod though! Would be even better if that wasnt my last little bit of Honda Polar White, was finished AND stuck on the Hog.... Next weekend. I promise!!

Looks like a alq 119, ,,I'm no pod anorak, but i researched them for the 111, looking great rm and very close now,

Glynn 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

Looks like a alq 119, ,,I'm no pod anorak, but i researched them for the 111, looking great rm and very close now,

Glynn 

119 is correct. The kit version is a sort of too short 101 I think.

Aside from seeing the missus and my dogs, this is something I really want to get home to.

• Like 2

It seems weekends are getting longer! Home early for an extended one, woohoo!

Seems the weather has been a bit good for the garden going by what I saw in the headlights as I swung in the driveway.... life has a habit of getting in the way. Petrol bushwhacker should see that out of the way swiftly and on to the A-10. :D

• Like 2

Re the white decal printing - my slow brain just selected a gear... whats stopping me using white decal paper and printing the black background instead of trying to get the white printed..? A bit of lacquer and some weathering should blend any differences in the black against the covers along with some careful cutting to the edge of the cover front face.
Sometimes I scare myself with my stupidity. :wonder:

• Like 2

Ive finally been a good boy and done a bit. Anti sway bits are on the pylons along with a pair of cluster bombs, canopy etch is on, more RBF tags are on.

I think all thats left now is the seat belts (oh joy) a few blasts of black paint and glue the gun muzzle, ECM pod, engine covers, HUD & canopy on.

Sounds far too simple, I must have forgotten something.

No pics as theres not much to show really, should be the big reveal tomorrow. Woooooo!

• Like 1

Had a great idea re the PE harnesses.... Throw away the instructions and look at some photos instead!

Also had the chalks out for a bit of a play with those to grub up a few bits here n there. I think it sort of works.

P1120111%20Large.jpg

P1120112%20Large.jpg

P1120113%20Large.jpg

P1120114%20Large.jpg

Will deifinitely be finished today. I swear it. I promise. I assure you!!!!

• Like 4

Finished it!!!!

P1120125%20Large.jpg

Pics in the Gallery, some more in the general RFI section.

Thanks to all for hosting, taking part, helping me out with info and/or parts - it is all very much appreciated!!

Good luck to those still building, well done to those who have finished.

• Like 12

Looks brilliant!  Ugly, but brilliant!

What size fuse wire do you use for your RBF tags please?

• Like 1

Cheers guys. As ever theres loads of faults and dodgy bits but I'm happy enough with it. Impetus to finish the frogfoot and Jags too.

Looking at downsizing the stash soon so care is required selecting those that will stay.

Pete - I used single strands of wire stripped from the first pc lead I found in a drawer. I think its a hard drive cable if thats any help... :)

• Like 3

Glad this one made it, the result is absolutely superb! Love the whole set up with the loading weapons and the reality the finish conveys. Interesting, spot on and without anything overdone. To turn an old kit into that is not easy to do, really well done! 

• Like 1

Much appreciated, guys. I reckon its easier to just crack on with a kit thats not that great or expensive than the scary option of something pricey and supposedly a work of art after a quick shake n bake. It takes the pressure off and I actually really enjoyed this one to the point of missing getting on with it while working away.

On 30/05/2017 at 11:09 PM, mirageiv said:

Glad this one made it, the result is absolutely superb! Love the whole set up with the loading weapons and the reality the finish conveys. Interesting, spot on and without anything overdone. To turn an old kit into that is not easy to do, really well done! 

Cheers. I do hate to see the overdone things, personal taste I know, I do just prefer the subtle. I learnt a lot from this one too and thats what its all about, right? Maybe Ill get close to your standard of finish before the cabinet is full.... well, Ill give it a shot - thats around 6-8 more from the stash of 18 for me to go at.... hmm, I dunno if thats enough.

Looking at getting the Doom Shelf cleared and then...... trying to make something of Airfixs 1/48 Tornado GR1/A. Now theres a challenge with little to lose.

• Like 2