5 Months 5 Faireys (and a few others!)

DAG058

Welcome to my 2014 year book.

I took up modelling in the Summer. Taking the plunge at the deep end I jump straight in and bought a compressor and a cheap airbrush to get me started. My first kit was an old Airfix 1/72 Fairey Battle. This started my fascination of Faireys and set the trend for the rest of my year. Along with faireys I have built (or part build at least) a few others as you will see in the photos.

Airfix 1/72 Fairey Battle

imagejpg10_zpsb5f640ba.jpg

Airfix 1/72 Fairey Firefly 5

imagejpg5_zpsd45ef735.jpg

Revell 1/72 Fairey Fulmar

imagejpg8_zps2730775d.jpg

Frog 1/72 Fairey Barrcuda

imagejpg6_zpsf8e7d2a6.jpg

Matchbox 1/72 Fairey Seafox

imagejpg7_zps331da040.jpg

Tamiya 1/35 Cheiftain Mk. Anyones Guess

imagejpg9_zpsbf5773c6.jpg

These two are WiP which i hope to have completed very soon, an Airfix 1/72 BAC 1-11 and A4 Sky Hawk. The BAC 1-11 would have been completed last weekend however the decasl were terrible so ive binned them and hope to paint the livery (eeek).

imagejpg11_zps3161d92f.jpg

Also on the bench and far from completion its a Revell 1/72 Fairey Gannet AS Mk 1.4. The stash is also ever growing, so look out for the Fairey fleet to continue into 2015.

Thanks for looking, Happy Modelling.

EDIT

Airfix 1/72 A-4 Sky Hawk added

imagejpg7_zpsbe81a618.jpg

Updated again to add Airfix 1/144 BAC 1-11, finally completed.

imagejpg9_zps2da1d16d.jpg

Edited by DAG058
  • Like 8

Best looking? The firefly. Best model? The seafox. Best job? The barracuda. That canopy makes me go cross eyed heavens know how you masked it

Love em all

Justin H

Thank you. Yes that masking did take a fair old bit of time! By the time I'd made the barracuda i had made the Battle, Fulmar and Firefly which all have plenty of panels too, so I was well acustomed to it!

Looking forward to seeing that BAC 1-11 finished - come on, you still have a couple weeks.

Cheers,

Mike

Thanks, I might manage it before the years end, there is a lot of beer to get through between now and then though!

You have a pretty substantial output for just starting in the summer. I like all of your builds, even the target one. Keep up the good work.

Thank you. You could say I am addicted now! Every spare moment I have I am working on a model. Hopefully this will continue in 2015.