D-Day Anniversary Air Show Sunday 25th May

Some nice pics there, especially good job on the Typhoon.

I enjoyed today and thought the army careers display was very impressive. Particularly liked the massive sniper rifle and the scuba divers in their water tank. Not something you see every day! Only thing missing was a Warrior, unless I missed it. The jackal is an amazing looking thing. I'm glad I've seen it for real as I still had a slight suspicion that Airfix had made it up!

I'll post some pics once I get the sunburn under control :-)

Steve.

• Like 1

Those are some superb pictures AD, very impressive work. Great pics of the Typhoon and Spitfire. Nice to see so many C-47's together.

Thanks Parabat. I'm pleased you enjoyed the pictures.

Some nice pics there, especially good job on the Typhoon.

I enjoyed today and thought the army careers display was very impressive. Particularly liked the massive sniper rifle and the scuba divers in their water tank. Not something you see every day! Only thing missing was a Warrior, unless I missed it. The jackal is an amazing looking thing. I'm glad I've seen it for real as I still had a slight suspicion that Airfix had made it up!

I'll post some pics once I get the sunburn under control :-)

Steve.

Hi Steve.Thanks for taking the time to comment. The striped Typhoon and Spitfire were quite a sight weren't they? I agree that the Army display was good. I spent ages admiring the Husky and learned a lot about it from the RLC sergeant. Unfortunately, there was no Warrior on display, which is a shame as I'm just finishing the Airfix one.

I was there yesterday (Saturday). You were much luckier with the weather, however it did clear up for the afternoon and I managed to enjoy the show.

Hi Ian, yes the weather was very kind (despite the forecast!) Glad you got to enjoy the show anyway.

The reason for there being no Warrior or any other armour with the Army stands was that it was 16 Air Assault Brigade sponsored, which has no Armoured Infantry, only the two Light Infantry battalions of 2 and 3 PARA. 4 PARA (PARA Reserves) were there on the day though.

I believe the JACKAL is replacing the RWMIK+ as the Fire Support and mobile protection platform in the future.

Great displays on the day, so nice to see these professional pictures of a memorable day, as I was purely an observer.

• Like 1

Thanks Parabat. I'm pleased you enjoyed the pictures.

Hi Steve.Thanks for taking the time to comment. The striped Typhoon and Spitfire were quite a sight weren't they? I agree that the Army display was good. I spent ages admiring the Husky and learned a lot about it from the RLC sergeant. Unfortunately, there was no Warrior on display, which is a shame as I'm just finishing the Airfix one.

Hi Ian, yes the weather was very kind (despite the forecast!) Glad you got to enjoy the show anyway.

Sorry, rude of me not to congratulate you on the great photos. I'm on holiday at Bury St Edmund and won't know how my photos are'till returning home. Hope some are as good as yours.

• Like 1

Sorry, rude of me not to congratulate you on the great photos. I'm on holiday at Bury St Edmund and won't know how my photos are'till returning home. Hope some are as good as yours.

Thanks, Ian. I hope you're pleased with your pictures.

Great shots!

Thanks, Longhorn. As I was taking the pictures of '434, I wondered if you were at the show.

Thanks, Rick. I must have hundreds of pictures of "Sally B" taken at various shows over the years! I will post a few of the underside taken on Sunday later today in this thread.

I have a few pictures of the real "Memphis Belle" in a disassembled state taken in Memphis a few years ago before the National Museum of the US Air Force reclaimed her. I can post them in a new thread, if you're interested.

• Like 1

Thanks, Longhorn. As I was taking the pictures of '434, I wondered if you were at the show.

Not this time I'm afraid, I would have liked to have gone but unfortunately I had not one, but two weddings to attend last weekend!

• Like 1

Thanks, Rick. I must have hundreds of pictures of "Sally B" taken at various shows over the years! I will post a few of the underside taken on Sunday later today in this thread.

I have a few pictures of the real "Memphis Belle" in a disassembled state taken in Memphis a few years ago before the National Museum of the US Air Force reclaimed her. I can post them in a new thread, if you're interested.

Thanks,

That would be great, I would love to see the real thing.

Rick

Edited by Rickpadwick1801
  • Like 1

Not this time I'm afraid, I would have liked to have gone but unfortunately I had not one, but two weddings to attend last weekend!

Two weddings? Every man's idea of a perfect weekend! :coolio: You missed a great show.

Thanks,

That would be great, I would love to see the real thing.

Rick

Hi Rick. Unfortunately, I only have these two that might be of use to you from Sunday's show. If you need any more, I will have a look at my shots from other shows.

I will post the "Memphis Belle" pictures in a new thread this afternoon.

DSC_3276_zps9d019d26.jpg

DSC_3266_zps4a749e22.jpg

Two weddings? Every man's idea of a perfect weekend! :coolio: You missed a great show.

Hi Rick. Unfortunately, I only have these two that might be of use to you from Sunday's show. If you need any more, I will have a look at my shots from other shows.

I will post the "Memphis Belle" pictures in a new thread this afternoon.

Thanks very much, they will help when I get them on a larger screen.

Will look forward to the Memphis belle images.

Rick

• Like 1

Thanks very much. They are great pictures.

Anyway, not to hijack your thread or anything, but here is my build thread in case your interested, most recent post is on page 3- http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234960573-revell-172-b-17f-memphis-belle-new-photos-posted-280514/

Rick

• Like 1

Pleased you like the pictures Rick. I look forward to seeing your 'Belle progressing.

Did you see the photos from earlier today ? Your photos are reminiscent of how mine looks at the moment.

I hope you don't mind but I posted a link to my WIP thread.

Rick