T-34.76

hi gents' been working on some of my weathering techniques and didn't originally intend posting any pic's but thought why not, this is the very old tamiya 1943 T-34 76 which isn't that bad a kit' if you add a bit of extra detail then it looks ok, i didn't put any updated tracks on the kit as it was just to try my weathering methods, so here's lots of photos.

cheers guys oz!.

j_zpsf27535f4.jpgi_zps35b06e10.jpgl_zpsb2e01036.jpgh_zpsfa22bd1e.jpgc_zps5b8c89e1.jpgm_zpsa69877a7.jpge_zps103bc897.jpga_zpsfac475df.jpgb_zps33721558.jpgf_zps58ca64f5.jpgk_zpse53a493f.jpgg_zps43062665.jpgd_zpsd667ffda.jpg

• Like 8

thanks very much for the kind words guys its appreciated' i know a heavily weathered tank isn't everyones cup of tea' in my defence tho i kind of got carried away with what i was doing, but i do like a nice dirty model' if you know what i mean. :bouncy:

yo Fred' i started with tamiya NATO green and NATO brown and added some buff and yellow green to lighten them both' next i heavily dry-brushed the colors with humbrol red brown and a light green which were lightened with buff after each dry-brush then oil washes of black' Vandyke brown' Paynes Grey' and flesh then lots of MIG pigment washes.

thanks again guys oz!

thanks bat / jack' i was tempted to chip the heck out of it but used a more restraint manner instead, although i do like chipping, i spent a lot of time looking at period pics and other peoples T-34 models and the odd thing is most of them are really well weathered, must be a Russian thing.

cheers oz!.

Another beautifully weathered piece of art from oz. I've seen all the others you've done too,

and they are all stunning eyecandy. :)

• Like 1

thanks oddball / humbrol' i appreciate your comments, i was using this project as a sounding board for my other T-34 which i hope to start soon but the weathering will be a little lighter than this 43 model, i may add some better tracks and a bit of stowage/ tow cables onto it due to the very kind comments..........thanks again guys.

best regards oz!.

Hey OZ nice to see you getting right back into full swing with your builds again but what's this no mention of a CAT in sight ( Meeoww )

Seriously great looking build like what you did with the extra armour plates on the sides and an interesting Camo scheme Looks the bizz all tied in with the base :goodjob:

Beefy

cheers matey' yeah strange for me to do something other than a cat, I'll try another allied tank before i start to get the old withdrawal symptoms.

thanks again mate.................oz!.