Is there any interest?

Windy

After trying to find some 2 stage Merlin engines for my Mosquitos I have started some masters of my own. Is there anything else people would like to see made?

In 1/32 I have a master for a 2 stage merlin as well as new canopy, blades, wheels and bulged bombay.

• Like 2

Greymatter already do 1/32 two-stage Merlin nacelles, exhausts, and a conversion to the fighter nose:

http://www.greymatterfigures.com/index.php?p=1&cat=35

There have been rumors of various companies (most interestingly Tamiya) doing a Mosquito in 1/32, so if you're doing this as a commercial venture to get a return in the long run, I would wait to see which version(s) are kitted/check for fit on the possible new kit.

Hi

I suppose it ends up on the price,

if it is of good quality and a lot cheaper than other options,

people will buy it

the revell mossie is due for release again in april ?

I recently bought of e bay some 1:32 casa 2 111 merlin engine pods, a guy makes and sells them in the US,

A lot cheaper than the other option and I will probably get another set as a basis for a beau IIf conversion.

and as to the tamiya kit, well it will probably a different very different price, and if they go the two stage route, a limited market.

cheers

Jerry

Hi Matt, I only spotted the Grey Matter ones the other day, they look pretty good, but someone else doing them shouldn't stop you if you thing you can do better. I've read HK Models and Tamiya plan 1/32 Mossies, but these are going to be £150+ kits, so doing parts to improve the Revell kit retailing for £30 is worth a try eve nif you only cover your costs to make a set for yourself, and I'm sure the Far East super kits are some way off, next year at best or beyond.

Colin

If you're not limiting your output to Mozzies - some bits for the 1:32 Beaufighter (presuming the new release will just be a re-pop of the Olde Nail that first came out more years ago than I care to recall), such as dihedral tailplanes, fin fillet, Sperry autopilot nose for the RAAF ones, hedgehog exhausts ... and if you're feeling brave, a pair of Merlins for a Mk II!

Hi

There are still both fighter and bomber replacement vacuform canopies available, so not really worth making more.

cockpit upgrades maybe, but this i think is easier for basic modellers to do

new engines always seem to big a project for me to attempt

cheers

jerry

I`d like to see a new canopy, props and wheels for the 32nd scale Mossie and I second the call for Beaufighter stuff too,......could somebody please do a later style canopy at least?

Cheers

Tony

I`d like to see a new canopy, props and wheels for the 32nd scale Mossie and I second the call for Beaufighter stuff too,......could somebody please do a later style canopy at least?

Cheers

Tony

Hi

link to replacement mossie canopies in my reply somewhere above

and on e bay there is/was a guy selling canopies and the vacuform conversion sets

similar to the ones with the lodela beaufighter X

but i wonder if the new revell 2014 releases are corected ? new clear sprues are not a lot of work.

cheers

Jerry

Well I have just ordered a load of materials to make a new cockpit for the Mossie. So as it stands I have a new canopy, engines, props, wheels, bulged bombay and cockpit on the cards for the 1/32 Revell kit. For the 1/48 Mossie have 2 stage engines I will try to make these drop in replacement nacelles so requirement for cutting and filling.