Fairchild AU-23A Peacemaker, Budget Gunship

• 2 months later...

Beautiful job on your Peacemaker, Russ.

I'm detailing my R/C scratch-built model of the Au-23 and your photos will make great references. Build log here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1872860

I'm hoping you can help me out though. I can't find any photos that show in detail exactly what the group of lettering is near the landing gear strut attachment point.

Can you tell me what the wording is and perhaps what the font style is? I would be most beholden to you for this info.

Cheers,

Lance

• Like 1

In an abstract kind of way this reminds me of an Apache gunship, can't help but think the designer looked at the Apache and said 'OK this works let's make a fixed wing version' or perhaps the Apache designers looked at this and said the same... Off to find out more on it...

Cracking model by the way, really does look the business.

• Like 1

Beautiful job on your Peacemaker, Russ.

I'm detailing my R/C scratch-built model of the Au-23 and your photos will make great references. Build log here: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1872860

I'm hoping you can help me out though. I can't find any photos that show in detail exactly what the group of lettering is near the landing gear strut attachment point.

Can you tell me what the wording is and perhaps what the font style is? I would be most beholden to you for this info.

Cheers,

Lance

Hi Lance, I can`t make all of it out but what I can read is;

U S AIR FORCE AU-23A

JSA SERIAL NO 21316

SERVICE THIS AIRCRAFT WITH ( I can`t make the rest out but it looks like a reference to oil and grease type)

IF NOT AVAILABLE REFER TO PB 55-91-56-300-35 ( not 100% sure on those last no`s)

FOR EMERGENCY ACTION

Sorry I can`t be more helpful, maybe someone who has the kit and better eyes than me can help more.

Thanks for looking, Russ

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, thank you, thank you, Russ. You are my hero.

I've been away on vacation (far from civilization and the internet) and just got back to find this great surprise.

You have been most helpful. If you can't make out exactly what it says then no scale contest judge will be able to say it's wrong so there! I can make up the oil or grease (I was about to make up the whole thing anyway).

Now it's time to order some custom decals and get this bad boy finished. Hopefully, I can make it look as good as your model.

Thanks again,

Lance

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was this paint/decal scheme provided OOB, or was it an aftermarket set.

having checking out this fantastic build makes me think about getting one myself :)

• Like 1

Was this paint/decal scheme provided OOB, or was it an aftermarket set.

having checking out this fantastic build makes me think about getting one myself :)

Thanks `P` the markings are in the kit, along with the Thai Shark mouth and Peacemaker Demonstrater both with SEA two tone green and tan