Royal Navy Sea King HAS1

HL-10

I am planning to build a Sea King HAS1 based on HMS Ark Royal (R09)

I am having trouble with finding photos of the interior, mainly the cabin with the arangement for the

dipping sonar etc.

Is anybody here able to help please?

Many thanks. :D

Good luck finding some, they seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo! My HAS1 project is currently stalled due to a lack of decent reference pics. The walkround section here is great for the more recent Sea Kings, but early stuff is very hard to find.

Mark.

Good luck finding some, they seem to be as rare as rocking horse poo! My HAS1 project is currently stalled due to a lack of decent reference pics. The walkround section here is great for the more recent Sea Kings, but early stuff is very hard to find.

Mark.

I have a plan drawing of the Mk 1 sonar lay out , sadly photos are on slides but will look for you send me your E-mail will copy off for you. Regards Len.
  • Like 1

I have a plan drawing of the Mk 1 sonar lay out , sadly photos are on slides but will look for you send me your E-mail will copy off for you. Regards Len.

You are a star!

I'll pm you my e-mail adress. :D

• 10 years later...

I'm only a decade late to this discussion, but like HL-10 I would also like to build an HAS1 and am confused about the best base kit to use. Are there any better options now than there were in 2012? Do you have pics of your HAS1?  Thanks.

Hi 

To go along with the pics you'll receive from Grizzly, theses may help, some are not the best quality but useable. 

spacer.png     spacer.png

spacer.png     spacer.png

XOSd6E2.jpg    spacer.png

spacer.png   spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I hope these maybe of help

RR (Chris)

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 11:39 AM, Roof Rat said:      

spacer.png

I hope these maybe of help

RR (Chris)

Those are very useful references, but I am suspicious of the final picture identifying the aerials.  The HF aerial layout is wrong for an RN Sea King (any mark), I’m pretty sure RN Sea Kings never had TACAN, and the HAS1 had no means of displaying sonobuoy data, so why have a receiver?

Not sure what this is (Aussie?), but I’m 99% sure it ain’t no HAS1

I believe that last diagram is of American or Canadian source so suspect a late Sikorsky SH-3 / CH-124 variant.

The problem with a lot of source material is deciphering exactly what Mk/version it is actually covering.

You're right @perdu with the Wessexy deduction, the HAS.2 brought the first sonar equipment upgrade.

Edited by 71chally
  • Like 1

On 8/31/2012 at 6:21 PM, Grizzly said:

Hi Len, did you get around to copying those slides to digital media at all?  I would love to see pictures inside a HAS.1.

Hello all

The antenna/aerial diagram I found on Google. Reading the post's since I posted it, it sounds like I've unintentionally made a c*ck-up.

Sorry it wasn't my intention to mislead anyone. 

☹️☹️

RR (Chris).  

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...