New Freightdog items coming soon

Hi everyone,

I don't know about you, but I'm definately looking forward to the start of the model show season. Freightdog's first outing will be Milton Keynes, and I'm hoping to have a few new items available. Currently those should be;

- 1/48 Freightdog 'German Jets Pt.I - RAFG Hawker Hunters' - F.4's of 3, 14, 20 and 118 Sqn. For Italeri/Academy re-issue and Aeroclub F.4 conversion parts (available direct from John Aero).

- 1/72 Freightdog resin Avro Vulcan B.Mk.2 Series 202 tail pipes (applicable to late 70's onwards, all tankers including XH558, but not Black Buck airframes)

- 1/72 Freightdog Hunter T.Mk.7 correction set for Xtrakit (nose leg, wheels, ejection seats and tail pipe)

- 1/48 Pegasus WWI German four colour lozenge (upper and lower sets)

- 1/72 Pegasus WWI German Maltese Cross Insignia decal sheet (re-print)

I should have another 1/72 Freightdog decal sheet (RAF Post War Collection Pt.II) available later in February. This will cover Washington B.1, Canberra B.6, Hunter F.4, Spitfire Mk.22 and Lancaster B.III from 'Operation Guzzle' (still in Dambuster config). More details once the artwork is finished.

All the above (except the 1/72 Freightdog sheet) will be available to order from my website around the 5th February. Thanks!

Colin

Edited by Colin @ Freightdog Models

Colin

Nice selection of varied subjects, I do hope these do well, I like the Hunter decal sheet, the early Hunters are great 'clean' aircraft, great lines and unspoilt with dog teeth and usually not much hanging off their wings.

Ali

Colin - would the Hunter tailpipe fit the Revell kit or does it have the parachute brake fairing moulded in? I am running low on Aeroclub F4 tailpipes, which in any case have a diameter a little less than the Revell fuselage.

Pat

Colin - would the Hunter tailpipe fit the Revell kit or does it have the parachute brake fairing moulded in? I am running low on Aeroclub F4 tailpipes, which in any case have a diameter a little less than the Revell fuselage.

Pat

Not sure Pat, I'm waiting to see the test cast of the tail anytime now. I think the parachute is moulded in. I'll let you know when I get it.

Colin

Edited by Colin @ Freightdog Models

• 2 weeks later...
Not sure Pat, I'm waiting to see the test cast of the tail anytime now. I think the parachute is moulded in. I'll let you know when I get it.

Colin

Here is a picture of the new tail pipe that will be included in the Hunter T.7 improvement set for the Xtrakit (one per set);

DSC_0460.jpg

This is the new Vulcan 202 tail pipes, note difference from the earlier 201 set we do are the bulges around each pipe. These are applicable if modelling XH558, late in service, MRR or tanker converted B.2s;

DSC_0465.jpg

These will be available late next week. Note the Black Buck airframes were 301 powered and can be built out of the Airfix box. Thanks,

Colin

Hi chaps,

In addition to items mentioned at the top of the page, I will also have some Alley Cat Vampires on sale, and a display of my forthcoming Halifax upgrade sets covering wheels, engine fronts, props etc etc (pics to follow, or better still come and find my stand at take a look!)

Colin

I'll certainly be interested in new Halifax parts, one problem being where would you stop? New engine fronts are all very well, but if they fit the Revell kit they are going to be wrong, and if they don't the modeller is left with major problems concerning the nacelles behind them and the fit to the wing. How about proper ailerons, which would do for all 1/72 kits?

One version Revell don't seem to have covered is the raised fairing on Mk.IIs and Vs for the initial fit of the 4-gun dorsal turet, which were ex-Defiant turrets rather than designed for the job.

Although not for the Merlin variants, the Preston-Green belly turret for a 0.5 Browning would be welcomed.

I'll certainly be interested in new Halifax parts, one problem being where would you stop? New engine fronts are all very well, but if they fit the Revell kit they are going to be wrong, and if they don't the modeller is left with major problems concerning the nacelles behind them and the fit to the wing. How about proper ailerons, which would do for all 1/72 kits?

One version Revell don't seem to have covered is the raised fairing on Mk.IIs and Vs for the initial fit of the 4-gun dorsal turet, which were ex-Defiant turrets rather than designed for the job.

Although not for the Merlin variants, the Preston-Green belly turret for a 0.5 Browning would be welcomed.

Hi Graham, I'll say it first, my engine fronts will be the wrong size! The new parts are direct replacements of improved shape but are oversized in proportions, same goes for the props but their shape is correct. I'm trying to provide a relatively quick fix for all those disapointed modellers who bought one and don't fancy building it looking at the shape errors. They will go some way to improving the kit without breaking the bank or making the build a chore. The alternative is the heavy duty surgery that has been so very well done so far by Woody, Mark and Tony O'Toole. This is beyond many modellers capabilities or requirements.

The first set will cover B.II (as depicting in kit option W7710), it will include new correct size main wheels, tail wheel and bay insert, four Gallay radiator front cowlings and three bladed props with conical spinners. Plan is to release it mid-February, all parts are already mastered (by Paul Lucas) but prop sub-mastered blades are still to be finished (so samples I have so far are without prop blades which will be cast in place). If this set sells sufficiently well a second set for the GR.IIA will follow featuring same wheel parts, four Morris block radiators, four blade props with correct shape spinners and a correct shape and sized H2S Radome.

There may be one more set to follow, subject to popularity of these. I'm working on the principle that an improvement set should cost less than the base kit, but prices are not finalised yet. I'll try and post some pictures over the next couple of days. These improvement (not correction) sets won't please everyone, but might please some!

Colin

Hunter F.4 decals are now in stock, limited edition of 125 sheets only, priced at £9.00 plus postage. Thanks!

Colin

Hi Colin have you thought of making a conversion to convert the airfix Mkixc Spitfire into a Mkixe, I have tons of decal options for the Mkixe but no kits.

Regards steve

Hi Colin have you thought of making a conversion to convert the airfix Mkixc Spitfire into a Mkixe, I have tons of decal options for the Mkixe but no kits.

Regards steve

Hi Steve, sorry I forgot to reply to your email, yes I already do. It includes pointed rudder, new cannon and new wing blisters. They sell for £1.50 but are not on my website, if your coming to MK I'll bring some along, or pm me if not and I can sort out.

Colin

Here is a picture of the new tail pipe that will be included in the Hunter T.7 improvement set for the Xtrakit (one per set);

DSC_0460.jpg

This is the new Vulcan 202 tail pipes, note difference from the earlier 201 set we do are the bulges around each pipe. These are applicable if modelling XH558, late in service, MRR or tanker converted B.2s;

DSC_0465.jpg

These will be available late next week. Note the Black Buck airframes were 301 powered and can be built out of the Airfix box. Thanks,

Colin

Typical! I've just used the original pipes on my XH558 tanker conversion - ah well!!

Just a thought Colin, the 300 series pipes on Airfix's kit are woeful! When I first bought the kit (29 years ago!!) I thought that Airfix had left the parts out!! Any chance for a decent set of 300 series pipes to replace the blobs in the kit?

Typical! I've just used the original pipes on my XH558 tanker conversion - ah well!!

Just a thought Colin, the 300 series pipes on Airfix's kit are woeful! When I first bought the kit (29 years ago!!) I thought that Airfix had left the parts out!! Any chance for a decent set of 300 series pipes to replace the blobs in the kit?

Sorry Bill! I'll have a chat with paul Lucas about it, currently up to his armpits in Revell Halifax 'improvement' parts as we speak!

Colin

Hi Steve, sorry I forgot to reply to your email, yes I already do. It includes pointed rudder, new cannon and new wing blisters. They sell for £1.50 but are not on my website, if your coming to MK I'll bring some along, or pm me if not and I can sort out.

Colin

Colin, they are on the site but priced at 2.50 each, just no pic.

http://www.freightdogmodels.co.uk/product_...0d720babc4012cc

Ive ordered one of these but if they are @ 1.50 ill have two :)

I vaguely remember seeing a forthcoming conversion set for a Spitfire XI and also seeing a picture of a completed one that someone linked here (Britmodeller) - I thought it was a Freightdog item, but I dont see it on the website. Am I having another of my increasingly frequent 'senior moments'?

I vaguely remember seeing a forthcoming conversion set for a Spitfire XI and also seeing a picture of a completed one that someone linked here (Britmodeller) - I thought it was a Freightdog item, but I dont see it on the website. Am I having another of my increasingly frequent 'senior moments'?

My apologies, the set had dropped off my website, but its back now and can be found here.

Here is the picture of one built by Jen Wright;

spitXIjen.jpg

Colin

My apologies, the set had dropped off my website, but its back now and can be found here.

Here is the picture of one built by Jen Wright;

Colin

Good, I wasn't imaging it and that is the photo I remember seeing as well. As soon as the Halifax set becomes available, I will be making an order for both. While I do share some of the sentiments regarding 'lets have a set that is correct' I also recognize the massive amount of resin, cost, and effort that would require and, since I am unwilling to devote the effort fixing the engine nacelles myself, your set will suffice.