Tamiya 1:48 Gloster Meteor

Afternoon all,

Well I've got this down as finished for now. My brilliant idea of adding some red to brighten things up left me with no suitable markings for what seems to be some kind of WIf type build !!

Just playing with metalcoat and masking tape for a bit of fun really. The finish is not brilliant but its shiny! Really should have masked smaller ares for the metalcoat and blended in as that would have given me more control over this paint as it dries very fast, I'll know better next time. Not bothered with weathering of any kind on this one, its a clean one.

Bit of a sad WIP HERE for those who want a closer look.

A few pics:-

WEB4.jpg

WEB1.jpg

WEB5.jpg

WEB2.jpg

WEB3.jpg

Si.

I don't think it needs decals but if it does I would a civil registration in red,,,,

I knew that bottle of vodka had uses other than modelling.

The gravel in your diorama is too big, and the shineyness is never 1/48, more like 1/24.

Apart from that it looks ******* ace!

BB

You crese me up Billy, we seem to share the same sense of humour !!

Thanks to all, I will have a nosey at some decals for it and might just finish it properly.

Cheers, Si.

not sure why? but somehow I think Belgian AF markings would'nt look out of place!

That's what i thought when i first saw it, nice finish :thumbsup:

You crese me up Billy, we seem to share the same sense of humour !!

Thanks to all, I will have a nosey at some decals for it and might just finish it properly.

Cheers, Si.

I tried metalcote and I tried rub'n'buff but the only thing I can get to look half as decent as yours is foil.

Whatever decals you choose will work.

BB