WNW Sopwith Triplane, 8 Squadron Royal Naval Air service ++FINISHED++

Jon, might want to watch out with that Anglo-Saxon- it looks like you've made the poor thing soil itself!

p.s. Don't forget the machine gun before you put the wings on...

bob

Machine gun not forgotten Bob (mental check- yes its still there) , and yes they did throw out a lot of castor oil- which considering its "other" use, is rather apt...

so heres where we are as of, erm, now

P1060112_zps9cd6dd80.jpg

Look - it's the Vickers gun - but dont worry!

P1060110_zpsb4b54b09.jpg

P1060111_zps264745a4.jpg

rigging now going fine - as al the tricky bits are done.

These are the last pics before the RFI section, so a BIG thanks to Pheon for the markings, and to Aviattic for their new camo decals.

I'm going to ask the GB mods to not include this in the vote, as the extra help with the decals was supplied free, as model will be on our stand, so it seems unfair to have extra free help.

Cheers

Jonners

Note to self- order Triplane, get cracking on that and the Pup!

Looks superb, Jon, and it even has a gun in the middle there. One administrative question: in the photo on post 106, is that one of your big brass ones on the right?

Did the decals do all the "fabric covering", or was there a base coat of paint?

-Bob von Sicklen, currently attempting to beat an Eduard Bf 110 into submission

Note to self- order Triplane, get cracking on that and the Pup!

Looks superb, Jon, and it even has a gun in the middle there. One administrative question: in the photo on post 106, is that one of your big brass ones on the right?

Did the decals do all the "fabric covering", or was there a base coat of paint?

-Bob von Sicklen, currently attempting to beat an Eduard Bf 110 into submission

Cheers Bob - the decals did all the fabric save for ailerons, which I was running out of time with so were painted ( will hopefully help show the difference the decals make n the model vs paint finish too- he said in a self justifying sort of way LOL)

Yes - the big brass one is a replica Navy pattern flintlock. Which I actually bought for a Pirates themed summer party a few years ago ( I like to go just

one more than eye patch and plastic parrot!)

Jonners