WNW Sopwith Triplane, 8 Squadron Royal Naval Air service ++FINISHED++

Coming late to this one, Jonners, but it looks fantastic. Dumb question - how do you get the grimy/shadowy effect around the items on the instrument panel? Enquiring minds really want to know!!

I use washes made up from tamiya acrylic thinners with either Games Worksop Seraphim Sepia or Chaos black, or a mix of both depending how black or brown I want it to be

Sometimes I'll add a bit of quickshine ( Klear/future) too - for instance if Im washing over oils, as i find this seals the surface better.

I apply the wash using a small brush so it flows round the items. Once it dries, I will take a vie won whether i want it to be darker - and add more, or i may dry brush over to lift highlights, and then apply a very thin wash back over the top to blend them in. Its all rather hit and miss really, but it works for me.

Glad you like it anyhow!!

cheers

jonners

Put a candle in your window tonight about ten. Stop modelling, and turn your lights out.

Just spend a few moments to remember the start of the Great War. You owe it to those that went and did not return; those that went and returned, damaged; and those that sat waiting for loved ones at home.

"The lamps are going out all over Europe, we shall not see them lit again in our life-time"

Sometimes I wonder if they have come back on even today.

Jonners :poppy::poppy:

Not quite tomorrow but progress has been made. The top cowling / cockpit coaming fought me like vampire accidentally walking into The Garlic Fanciers Congress :)

However - after a bit of this and a bit of that . heres the current state of play

photo1-1_zps52dd4d03.jpg

photo4_zps04419bcb.jpg

photo2-1_zpsc88f3768.jpg

I'm now on holibobs for the week in Croatia, so will return to the Three Winged Doggy when I get back.

Cheers

Jonners

Nice tidy work Jonners, looking great. I've used small blobs of PVA to attach my wires, just hoping that it won't cause me some fit issues as well. Seems ok with a few cursory test fits.

Have a good time in Croatia, me and some old friends are thinking of going there, looks beautiful.

• 2 weeks later...

I`d wondered where you were hiding lately and I`ve found you beavering away on this beauty on the WW1 Build here,......great stuff so far and I`ll be following with interest,....great choice too by the way!

Cheers

Tony

I`d wondered where you were hiding lately and I`ve found you beavering away on this beauty on the WW1 Build here,......great stuff so far and I`ll be following with interest,....great choice too by the way!

Cheers

Tony

LOL - dont worry Tony, I have a Spitfire Vb on the go too! :)

Jonners

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Morning - OK so some painting has started.

Cowling and side panels are brushed Citadel Runefang Steel mixed with SNJ polishing powder and Quickshine, then more SNJ is buffed in. a final seal with Quickshine. This will all be painted over, but I want a base for the paint chips! :)

Engine has been painted Vallejo Oily steel, and washed with a oily brown black wash.

Nearly ready to show you the decals for the CDL and PC10/12. :)

Jonners

P1060074_zpsce4d2d54.jpg

P1060076_zpse9f2ae98.jpg

P1060079_zpsab08c0ec.jpg