Eduard Mirage 2000D

Graham T

Looks great so far mate... I'm glad you are not having the same issues I am... probobally my inexperience at these rather 'tricky' kits ;-) I guess I'm used to the newer kits... like the Revell F-15E, the Hasegawa F-4's, the Tamiya F-16... ;-P

At any rate... lets keep comparing the build...

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=139999

Best,

-Greg

Looks great so far mate... I'm glad you are not having the same issues I am... probobally my inexperience at these rather 'tricky' kits ;-) I guess I'm used to the newer kits... like the Revell F-15E, the Hasegawa F-4's, the Tamiya F-16... ;-P

At any rate... lets keep comparing the build...

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index....howtopic=139999

Best,

-Greg

Yep I'll keep an eye!

The wing joints have dried & after some rubbing down (which has caused the loss of some detail), Im optimistic I'll get away with just a smear of pva to fill the gaps.

Cracking on. Had hoped to get some paint on this weekend but was frustrated by the canopy fit. The fixed centre section was about 1mm too wide so it had to be attached, rubbed down & buffed back. In addition, the windscreen won't fit over the etched HUD so a little surgery was required here too. In the first pic you can see the AUF2 dual GBU launcher pylon, from the Skyraider resin range - a must see site for modellers interested in the modern FAF. Actually, I regret adding this at this stage as it will make masking for the wrap around camo scheme a bit of a bugger! Still, never mind eh!

The foward canards, tail mounted ILS(?) antennae & some of the other aerials have been added from plasticard as the kit items are way to thick.

DSCN0209.jpg

DSCN0210.jpg

Edited by Graham T

Got the Extra Dark Sea Grey on & then spent a couple of hours yesterday applying the masking for the wrap around dark green scheme. Incredibly tedious but worth doing as it makes the next spray session so much easier. Problem though with the three-view painting plan provided by Eduard; the patterns do not tie up between the plan view & the starboard profile (anyone else got this kit have a look to see what I mean). I followed the plan view which I don't think is right. Also a small mod to be made to the underside pattern but that shouldn't take more than a few minutes before getting the next colour in, hopefully later today!

DSCN0211.jpg

DSCN0212.jpg

Main scheme on & detailed painting in progress. The pod & pylon mounted on the clothes peg is the Skyraider Designs PDL-CT targeting pod which, along with a couple of GBU22's on a twin adaptor will be slung underneath. Decals hopefull over the weekend

DSCN0215.jpg

Decals are on & they're really very good. Just assembled, painted & decalled the Skyraider ordnance (designator pod & 2 x GBU on twin underfuselage adaptor). Next up is a wash, followed by a satin coat, attachement of all the sores & undercarriage. Next pics should be the finished article!

Edited by Graham T

In the first pic you can see the AUF2 dual GBU launcher pylon, from the Skyraider resin range - a must see site for modellers interested in the modern FAF

G'day Graham,

Umm, I don't suppose that you could tell us the website address for the Skyraider resins site? All I get when I google is stuff for, well skyraiders!

cheers,

Pappy

Here you go: http://www.smds.ws/index.php

Or try searching "Skyraider Model Designs". I believe that they are in the process of moving premises at the moment, so if the item you're after is showing "out of stock" it may not be back in stock for a few weeks. I've asked them about their Rafale B corrective parts & this is the response I've been getting. Generally their service is very good. Got their Rafale B decal sheet in the post this morning & it looks superb. Highly recommended all round!!

Looking very nice indeed, i do like that camo!

I've got a Mirage F-1 in the stash which i'll do in the same camo scheme, don't suppose you could clue me up on what colours you have used? Would be REALLY great if you know the humbrol equivalent :)

Cheers

Shaun

:suicide: Just pulled the masking off the windscreen & looks like I left the Mascol on for too long - :shithappens:

Looking very nice indeed, i do like that camo!

I've got a Mirage F-1 in the stash which i'll do in the same camo scheme, don't suppose you could clue me up on what colours you have used? Would be REALLY great if you know the humbrol equivalent :)

Cheers

Shaun

I used Xtracolour Extra Dark Sea Grey & Dark Green. These are of course British colours but I'm told FAF colours are very close!

I used Xtracolour Extra Dark Sea Grey & Dark Green. These are of course British colours but I'm told FAF colours are very close!

Awesome, thanks for that :D