Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Vadim

Members
  • Content count

    142
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

315 Excellent

1 Follower

About Vadim

  • Rank
    New Member

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    UK, West Sussex

Recent Profile Visitors

419 profile views
  1. Hi Vadim

     

    this is where I left a posting about IPMS Mid Sussex,  looks like it's dropped off the page,   which  is why you couldn't find it (and I can't) though you may be able to  see further back.

    Glad you made it along,  here's what I was talking about

    cheers

    T

  2. 1/32 Bell P-39 Airacobra Mk1

    Impressive build! Well done! Congratulations!
  3. SBD Dauntless (from scratch)

    I think it should be viewed by any modeller who is interested to simulate an aircraft weathering. This is a perfect guidance to understand the weathering and its application on a model. Thanks Witold - very impressive!
  4. Hello everyone. I came back to my Swordfish yesterday night to deal with this too shiny collector... I used some pigments and then blended with few oil drops... Have a look. Does it look better? Hey Chris, @dogsbody do you think now is better or it still requires some work?
  5. I've decided to bring in some 'life' into the model. I want stabilisers in a down position like on a parked aircraft. This small modification does not involve much time. The final result is not bad. The only thing I don't know what to do is - hinges... Do I really need to do something in this scale? Or shall I leave as it is?.. Don't know
  6. Thanks Mick. Now I wish all my kits to be Tamiya kits! Thanks Jon for your kind words. Yes these are Eduard etched belts. Spent some time with tweezers and cyanoacrylate to fix them as they are now
  7. Well, as I can see from your pictures, the original Special Hobby boxing has much better content than Revell. I didn't have all the PE and resin.
  8. 1/48 Meng Messerschmitt Me410A-1

    Hey! It's a cracking build! Do you plan to post your diorama building process here as well? Thinking about to get in touch with dioramas - so it would be interesting to see how you do it...
  9. Hey, Steve. Having completed same SH (Revel rebox) recently - I'm in with huge interest!
  10. At last, I am on a stage where I can test fit the interior... I dry-brushed it with aluminium. It will get some pigments and wash before final installation: For those who never seen this kit - both fuselage halves are split into two sections - a short nose section and the rest. Both sections interconnect with a kind of clever lock which leaves no gap or step. Very clever: I test fitted the interior and looks really nice. But I hate those bomb bay doors actuators... You really need to be very careful to make them survive till bomb bay doors are fitted: Unfortunately some sink marks are visible on inside walls of the bomb bay and will need to be removed: And on another side as well: However the fit is great and it turns out that this will be the quickest build thanks to the lovely kit engineering by Tamiya: Finally, both bombs got some Greenish Grey 67 (Revell):
  11. Yey! It's going to be insteresting and fun! I'm in
  12. Lovely build and great final result. Very impressive. I really enjoyed to follow this build.
  13. I've made some more progres over the last week: All the bits for MLGs are ready: And they look really nice when assembled: Back to interior - fuel tanks got their brick colour and then masked for interior green application: In the cockpit - all the details are there now, assembled and painted: All the final bits for the bomb bay are ready for painting:
  14. Yes, mate. This is just a normal model air airbrushed. I've just added one or two drops of thinner.
  15. Here is a small update. Both landing lights were attached and masked. I've sprayed wheel wells (nacelles and wing) with aluminium (Model Air 71.062) and BS283/IDF green (Model Air 71.126). I've decided not to deal with sink marks as those should not be visible deep in the wells. I've drilled holes for drop tanks (decided to avoid bombs or rockets this time ). All glued together and fixed with masking tape: Also started to spray all the details for landing gears:
×