MB-326EW - COMPLETED

robw_uk

great scheme! If you do an Armada aircraft, there's only one 'r' in it :)

yeah I spotted that once I mocked up the paint scheme.... luckily the decals have it spelt correctly ;-)

That actually looks really sweet!! Well done!

thanks for that - I think for my first attempt at pixel-paint its not bad... have mentioned somethings I would do different which is always a good start... may repeat on the bottom in 3-colour grey, not totally sure yet.......

I think that is a brilliant idea!!! Go for it!!

you do like me to work for my hobby....... will see what colours I have in that go with the grey (yes it is grey) I have the underside painted.... but now I know the technique it should be 1-2 hours work per colour (enamel paints......)

ok, so thats this weeks work (thanks!!!!!)

I think it looks great its not an easy mask job to pull off but I think you did very well (especially considering its your first attempt at digital) I have plenty of ideas but have yet to actually try digital camo. hope it works as well for me as it did for you.

thanks for the comment......

i think making the "pixels" big is a start, making them much smaller would;ve been a pain to cut (1/48 lends itself to about 1/8th inch).. but think painting a base colour of the lightest is the best way, otherwise the first colour you paint tends to get "eaten"... I also need to look at adding patches into blocks of other colours..... so "after the event" type extra detailing

That is coming along nicely Rob! :thumbsup: That camo scheme is excellent!

:cheers:

well thank you.... I am going to look to repeat in 3-grey on the underside..... just think the plain underneath doesnt look right (am tempted actually to do the SEAC underneath so that the colours wrap round - not 100% sure which way to jump.....

Looks great! Digi grey camo on the bottom would look ccol.

Did you say you're using a scissors to cut out the square masks?? Saw this method for cutting out the masks somewhere. Mark out your squares to the size you want on a piece of tape and slice with a blade (needs to be sharp, mine wasn't), lots of squares!!

Untitled-17.jpg

Looks great! Digi grey camo on the bottom would look ccol.

Did you say you're using a scissors to cut out the square masks?? Saw this method for cutting out the masks somewhere. Mark out your squares to the size you want on a piece of tape and slice with a blade (needs to be sharp, mine wasn't), lots of squares!!

Untitled-17.jpg

that might work... what I did for the top was get the tape and then draw on the pattern (mostly they were the edges between the 2 colours). This works not too bad.... for the "central" small areas I will need to have open masks (did it on one part). I did try to cut the shape but my blade was also not sharp enough....

I thought you did use a knife, looks even more effective considering! Looking forward to the underside!

and they are kitchen scissors - cant find the small ones... maybe smaller would allow smaller squares........ anwyay - grey underside will start Thursday/Friday depending on work

and they are kitchen scissors - cant find the small ones... maybe smaller would allow smaller squares........ anwyay - grey underside will start Thursday/Friday depending on work

have no found the small scissors..... thoughts needed guys - with the underside, should I keep the "squares" the same size as the top and line them up with the SEAC (so brown = light grey then the 2 greens match mid & dark grey) or does it matter..... I know its WHIF but want it to be at least semi-decent paint scheme......

have no found the small scissors..... thoughts needed guys - with the underside, should I keep the "squares" the same size as the top and line them up with the SEAC (so brown = light grey then the 2 greens match mid & dark grey) or does it matter..... I know its WHIF but want it to be at least semi-decent paint scheme......

Can you combine the underside pixels with some from the upper colours so that they overlap each other and blend in? It would sort out your demarcation line being too high up the fuselage?

Just a thought.

Good looking build you have, loving the the paint scheme! Wasn't too sure about your suggestion with regards to the recce pod, but having seen it, it looks really good. Has got the thoughts going now, might have to pop over to the coffee shack tomorrow and see what they have available!

Keep up the good work

Bob

Can you combine the underside pixels with some from the upper colours so that they overlap each other and blend in? It would sort out your demarcation line being too high up the fuselage?

Just a thought.

hmmmm if I hadnt already masked her up - but could do some patch masking aftyer the event (am going with the original grey but that may be too light so will see how it comes out.....

2nd grey on - and this is a nicer grey than the one recomended for SEAC (will maybe use it for the Dragonfly which has the same SEAC colouring(. Will mask up for grey 3 tonight, spray it tomorrow and then take photos..... then I need to repaint the wheel wells, undercarriage, wheels as they are painted grey at the moment (I dont know why), add a few more paint touches (yellow combat marking that seems an affectation of Argentine aviation) and then will be ready to move on to decals......

here we go... grey underside done and am not too unhappy about it..... some detail painting to do (need to redo wheel-wells, air-brake and the yellow combat marking that argentine aircraft sometimes carry.....

4974726034_62f2629998_z.jpg

IMG_9506 by rob_william_worth, on Flickr

4974111705_3f8fc0e05a_z.jpg

_MG_9516 by rob_william_worth, on Flickr

4974111883_0a711efa40_z.jpg

_MG_9517 by rob_william_worth, on Flickr

4974726112_e68958db25_z.jpg

IMG_9510 by rob_william_worth, on Flickr

as usual, thoughts/comments much appreciated.....

Thats very nice and works for me. Looking forward to the next post. B)

thanks.... the mid grey is not as prominent as I expected but that is more like pixel than the top... from looking around I noticed that you have 1 maybe 2 prominent shades and then 2 (in my case 1) or even 3 other shades to break things up.... again, more learning for next time (hmmmm pixellated Spitfire anyone).....

You see I told you! That looks really AwEsOmE!!

thanks for that - yes you were right.... using a craft knife to cut the masks also made a difference - allowed more complex wiggles.... think doing smaller than 1/8" would be possible......