Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)


  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won


tc2324 last won the day on February 2 2018

tc2324 had the most liked content!

Community Reputation

3,518 Excellent

About tc2324

  • Rank
    Very Obsessed Member
  • Birthday 12/20/1970

Contact Methods

  • Website URL
  • ICQ

Profile Information

  • Gender
  • Location
    London, UK
  • Interests
    74 `Tiger` Sqn

Recent Profile Visitors

3,125 profile views
  1. Thanks again for the kind comments, J-W, yep, blur down to photo editing using the `blemish` option on Flickr.
  2. Thank you chaps for the comments, much appreciated.
  3. Latest in-flight diorama depicting 8th Air Force Bodney based Mustangs ditching tanks before breaking into the enemy. Airfix 1/72 scale Mustangs and `blurred` base from Coastal Kits. (Prop blur courtesy of Flickr photo editing). Thanks for looking.
  4. Thank you all for the kind comments, very much appreciated.
  5. Again, many thanks for the comments chaps
  6. I used Humbrol rattle can polished aluminum. I then gave it a coat of gloss, decals on and then a coat of matt before applying a dark wash. Thank you for the comments peeps, glad you like.
  7. My usual take on two `Tigers` on a practice scramble circa 1970 from RAF Tengah. Airfix 1/72 kits. First picture was my inspiration for the build. Thanks for looking.
  8. I had a hen who could count her own eggs. She was a mathemachicken.
  9. Thanks for the kind comments all and cheers for the info on the `Winders Nick. I did have a quick google on the subject but went with a little `artistic` license as I wanted the contrast, if that makes sense? tc
  10. Final build for display at the upcoming 50th Harrier event at NAM in April. Again another rehash of a diorama subject I did a couple of years ago, minus the Argentine Skyhawk. It`s the `not perfect but good enough for this type of build` Hase 1/48 kit, base from Coastal Kits and cheap frame from Evilbay. Thanks for looking.
  11. Thank you all very much for the comments. Nick, cheers for the heads up on the seat. I was using some pics from the GR.3 at the Manston fire dump as a reference and now I realise that the top of the seat has faded back to what I guess is the undercoat and looks grey in appearance. Look forward to seeing you at NAM. Tony
  12. Built for the upcoming 50th Harrier Event at NAM, some may remember I made the same in-flight dio a few years back, albeit a little cruder. Hopefully I`ve improved it a tad in this reincarnation. For those new, the story goes like this. Squadron Leader Bob Iveson left HMS Hermes as part of of a strike force against the Goose Green area in East Falkland. He completed two attack runs over Argentine positions and then decided to make a third. His Harrier was hit by 35 mm shells which knocked out his controls and started a fire in the cockpit. He immediately pulled the ejection handle and left the cockpit while the Harrier was doing around 450 knots at 100 feet. His aircraft exploded in mid-air shortly afterwards and he hit the ground after being under the parachute for only ten to fifteen seconds. Squadron Leader Iveson suffered spinal compression and wind-blast damage to his eyes but hit the ground sufficiently far from the Argentine positions to make good his escape and was picked up two days later by a Royal Navy helicopter. Kit is the old Airfix 1/48 scale, base from Coastal Kits, finishing frame fro Evilbay. Thanks for looking.
  13. In no particular order ....., Not that many compared to previous years however the International Aviation Academy Display at Norwich took up most of me time so I`ve got a good excuse. Thanks for looking.
  14. Thank you, As for the struts, most of the photo`s I googled showed them with the struts fitted so I just went with that.
  • Create New...