Finnish Air Force Group Build

Heraldcoupe

Hello,

Can I make 16?

Funnily enough after buying the new Airfix Me 109G I have become strangly drawn towards Finish aircraft, as well as the other Baltic nations (Latvia, Lithuania and Estonia)!

If I´m allowed to play I have a number of kits in the pile so will be chosing from-

1/48 Roden Fokker D.VII

1/48 Roden Gladiator

1/72 Airfix Me 109

1/72 Revell Curtiss Hawk

1/72 Hawker Hart

or somethin else

OK wit me..........the more builders the better, what's your Finn pleasure...??

Cheers,

ggc

Welcome aboard Daz & Wyverns4. I'll do an updated list of names next weekend, rather than annoy everyone with an ever changing list!

Anyone know about making banners? Avoiding swastikas might be difficult without losing context....

Cheers,

Bill.

Don't mind having a bash at a banner, Bill.

As long as you don't want it yesterday :lol:

If you have something in mind let me know - or if you have any pics you want to use.

If any one else wants to do them instead that will be okay too :D

Be my guest!

During their war(s) the Finns were flying British, German, American, French and Russian machinery, it would be good to give a flavour of that diversity. Meanwhile there's the pre and post WW2 aircraft, a banner could get cluttered......

So have a go and see what you come up with. I have various photo packages, but no Photoshop. I'll have a play around but I'm not sure I can produce anything worthwhile,

Cheers,

Bill.

Sounds like a good gb idea, I'll join if i may, no idea what to build though. I'll pull something from the stash, even if its the Airfix Me109, although I might come up with some Finnish armour..although i found an I16 and a MS406 right here mm what to do?

Cheers

Edited by Deon

Build number two arrived today, it wasn't supposed to be for this GB but I opened the box and it has Finnish markings as an option. :yahoo: What is it? 1:48 Roden Gladiator MKII with skis. I got it with the intention of doing one of the Malta defenders, guess I need another now.

Edited by Mish

During their war(s) the Finns were flying British, German, American, French and Russian machinery, it would be good to give a flavour of that diversity. Meanwhile there's the pre and post WW2 aircraft, a banner could get cluttered......

Italian, also.

;)

Well Finn fans here are some more possibilities for builds on the upcomming Finnish A/F GB: All of these kits being 1/72 scale.

PA180008.jpg

PA180007.jpg

PA180006.jpg

PA180005.jpg

PA180004.jpg

PA180003.jpg

PA180002.jpg

PA180001.jpg

Finnish Cheers,

ggc

Finn fans rejoice>>> more possibilities for the GB..

P1010006-1.jpg

Fokker D.XXI.4, post war markings only

P1010005-1.jpg

Kit comes with either wartime or post war markings.

P1010004.jpg

This Hurricane is the early "rag wing" with a two bladed prop

P1010003-1.jpg

P1010002-1.jpg

How cool is this, a Gauntlet in Finnish markings..! markings for three a/c

P1010001-1.jpg

An indiginous design, the "Myrsky" flew briefly during the war.

Finn Cheers,

ggc

From what i've seen built they look good

is a re boxing of the Sword kit. One sprue of grey plastic. Typical short run with plenty of flash. Interior and wheel wells are resin, with some lovely detailing.

without checking against plans looks pretty accurate to me. These early Hurricanes have fabric wings, with three types of props are proivided including the two bladed Watts.. All the ribbing looks well done.

The Hase kit will doubtless be easier to put together but to me has a few issues and not worth the extra expense, others may disagree. ;)

Yep, it's the reboxed Sword kit..the resin looks like it's the same. however the RS kit comes with an injected canopy while the Sword kit has two vac-form canopies. The basic kit looks real nice and the decals in both kits are very nice. The Sword kit has options for two a/c while the RS kit has options for three a/c.

Cheers,

ggc

Edited by CPNGROATS

forgot to say that the Finnish version has serials for decals for:

HC-460

HC-452

HC-456

Did these aircraft have the fabric wings.

AZ have since released a couple of "Hurricane Aces" kits - does anyone know if it is the same kit with different decals or the metal winged Hurri please?

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Derek.

If your not using the recce nose parts from your Heller Draken can I have them, please. Will gladly swap/trade and pay postage. A bit cheeky I know but Ive been looking for the nose parts for ages.