Victor and Tornadoes

BigReg

Ok here is the start of my entry. Its to be two Tabuk Tornadoes being fed by a Victor. As I don't have a great deal of space and don't want to sort the air intakes on the matchbox kit I'm using this,

VictorTornadoes.jpg

This is the Anigrand model in 144 scale and look at those inatkes and weep!

DSCF2654.jpg

This is the extent of cockpit detail for the tornado,

DSCF2650.jpg

DSCF2648.jpg

Regards

David

• 2 weeks later...

Some more progress, the Tornadoes where first sprayed with halfords grey primer,

DSCF2663.jpg

And then sprayed with heavily thinned xtracrylix desert pink at low pressure - this gave a patchy effect allowing some of the darker grey to grin through.

DSCF2680.jpg

The models are now masked for detail painting.

The accessories are ready to recieve the same treatment

DSCF2681.jpg

Regards

David

I now have weathered the Tornadoes - the picture exaggerates just how heavy it is - and the next stage is decalling.

DSCF2707.jpg

I need to do a little more painting around the cockpits

DSCF2712.jpg

The Victor need the cockpit adding and the underside has already been painted light aircraft grey.

Regards

David

:banghead:

OK so here is the Victor. Its very liberating to build with the undercarriage up - no nose weight, no painting struts and not having to paint 18 wheels!

DSCF2717.jpg

This is one of Anigrands best mouldings - no air bubbles and little in the way of flash or stubs. The panel lines are of Matchbox proportions but they will look better when the paint goes on.

DSCF2713.jpg

I need to work out the relationship between the models and to my eye this looks about right.

DSCF2718.jpg

The decals are now on - they are designed for the Dragon Tornado so don't quite fit the Revell model - as you can see by the bottle of Xtracrylix in the background these are very small models.

Regards

David

Hard to say who's intakes are worst?

That m/c gun looking barrel stub next to the intake should be flush & not sticking out as per your pic!

Why do Annigrand make so many errors?

Their C-17 in 72nd as Trojan Thunder can confess to is awful.

Adrian

• 2 weeks later...

With the Tornadoes now close to completion I am concentrating on the Victor. The crew are in place and the model has been undercoated with white on the uppersurface and grey on the lower.

victortop.jpg

My airbrush is not too brilliant with fine lines so I have preshaded with smoke.

victorunderside.jpg

I hope to get spraying tonight.

Regards

David

Ok some more progress and some problems -

The Victor now has its coat of Vallejo Hemp - this is airbrush ready but I found it a little thick - I shall highlight some panels with a thinned coat with a touch of white.

VictorinHemp.jpg

As you can see I have yet to remove all the masking from the windows.

The tornadoes have now had the pylons added,

weaponloadout.jpg

But one of the pylons has gone on the skew! Also I put the bombs on AA and Alarm on EA! Rats!!

However I am quite pleased with the exhaust areas.

Tornadotail.jpg

This weekend I shall straighten the tanks, change the warload and weather the Victor a bit. I have to work out how best to mount the models in an 'in-flight' mode.

Regards

David

So after a weekend of DIY and other household duties...................

The Victor has been decalled and matt varnished,

DSCF2922.jpg

DSCF2924.jpg

and now how they will set up.

DSCF2925.jpg

Thanks for looking,

David

Edited by BigReg