Black Alpha jets

Robert

Can anyone tell me what ejector seats are in the Alpha jet and whether the ID markings on the wings are on the undersurface as well (forgot to take pictures at Waddington).

Thanks

Robert

Guest squezzer

The original seat was JRM MK4 from Martin Baker. But it looks that MK10 have been installed in the Qinetiq Alpha jet (as well as in Belgian and retrofitted french aircrafts)

Can anyone tell me what ejector seats are in the Alpha jet and whether the ID markings on the wings are on the undersurface as well (forgot to take pictures at Waddington).

Thanks

Robert

Here's a photo of the seats fitted to the QinetiQ Alpha jets.

Alphaclosecockpit.jpg

Edited by Shaun

Thanks

Robert

yes, and they also carry a serial under one wing as well

Thanks for the info. Sure looks like Mk10s.

Dave - which wing and any idea of the size and position also are there ID markings on the underside as well

Thanks

Robert

Thanks for the info. Sure looks like Mk10s.

Dave - which wing and any idea of the size and position also are there ID markings on the underside as well

Thanks

Robert

Yeah, I have some photos culled from websites, but I'm not at home at the moment.

Morning, the seats are MK10's but with some modifications (so im told). They do carry a serial under the port wing (might have to check though :undecided:) and roundels underneath. Pretty sure the white is body side of the saw tooth. I see them everyday and don't take much notice anymore. General concensus here though is that they look bloody awful. Who ever signed that off should be shot.

Well the white line is distinctly visible in Scarlet's post above. No idea behind the red dot - but i bet its not ment to be that way :whistle: !. I went spotting today and can confirm the serial is on the port side and the white part of the wing is at the end of the flaps. The jets have recently been resprayed down at Bournemouth.

Edited by speedy

Scarlet, that link goes to the Hawks, I was enquiring about the Alpha jets.

For some reason the photo in the link changes when new ones are added to the gallery. I've altered the link to the forum post. Should be O.K. now.

Scarlet,

Thanks for the link, just what I was after. Have to get me some Mk10s and dig out the Airfix kit now.

Robert