Monogram 1/48 Scooter

AndyL

Well, my second build will be this kit, purchased from top chap Julien -

grimbosq.jpg

Julien supplied the kit, along with the KMC resin upgrade, and set of Superscale decals which have the VMAT-102 option...like the one below

A-4M_CE-Decals-CED48195-01.jpg

Image from the CED Decals site.

I've really lost the modelling mojo of late, and the big Trumpeter A7 I'd been building has been a real struggle, the fit of parts has been a right pig, at the very least. So, that has been consigned back into its box and may not make the GB deadline.

First move will be washing the resin ready to start the pit later tonight.

More as it comes...

I've really lost the modelling mojo of late, and the big Trumpeter A7 I'd been building has been a real struggle, the fit of parts has been a right pig, at the very least. So, that has been consigned back into its box and may not make the GB deadline.

First move will be washing the resin ready to start the pit later tonight.

More as it comes...

Sir,

I must agree with you whole heartily on your A-7 build from Trump. I too began that kit in earnest and cursed several areas of construction and fit. Although I used much stronger words, I placed it back in the pile to maybe someday finish.

Good Luck with your A-4 Scooter, I look forward to seeing your progression.

:speak_cool:

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Progress...I've fitted the resin KMC cockpit and engine fan section. the cockpit needed much dremel action on the sides and bottoms to get it to fit. The fan section fitted well after 5 mins with a sanding sponge. Next stop will be getting the wing sections together, and the fuselage halves too.

grimbosq006-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Right, airframe togther, but gaps at the wing roots which will be dealt with plasticard strips. I offered up the canopy, only to find that the ejection seat fouled it, so I had to break out the Dremel again and attack the bottom of the seat to make it fit.

I took the resin intakes off the pour stubs, and they fit beautifully. Next job will be to address all the joins and clean them up, but so far I'm happy with it.

grimbosq011.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Edited by AndyL

• 2 weeks later...

A little progress...all the white is on, control surfaces masked off ready for the Light Gull Grey which I'll put on tomorrow. U/C and pylons, fuel tanks and U/C doors all painted up too, so not far off the final straight. It'll be nowhere as good as Jen's A4, but I'll be happy with it. Just a couple of areas to address with a sanding sponge before the grey is added as well...

grimbosq014-1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thanks Bex...but the A7 is still being picked at and might still make the deadline.

Right, Light Gull Grey/White/Red on, Kleared and ready for decals tonight. Just need to paint the black anti glare panel before the decals go on...

grimbosq016.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Decalling started and hit by disaster straight away. The Firebirds broke up in the water rendering them unusable, much to my horror. I'm going to put an appeal in the wanted section for a new set, but if not, I may just consign this build to the cupboard and withdraw it from the GB.

Not having much luck with this GB am I? :lol: