Heller Classic GB II 2025: C'est Magnifique! ***Now at 38!!!***

2 hours ago, silverfox63 said:

Oh, oh dear. Oh well, off to eBay I go.

Which scale is it? Looking at Scalemates, it looks like the 1/48 kit dates from the 1960s.

Cheers, 

Mark

1 hour ago, 2996 Victor said:

Which scale is it? Looking at Scalemates, it looks like the 1/48 kit dates from the 1960s.

Cheers, 

Mark

The Super Puma was 1/72nd, the real aircraft didn't fly until the 80s

• Thanks 1

I had to dig up these oldies, the thread and the built model:

20240123_130808

My first Britmodeller WIP, my first GB entry and my fourth (sic) finished build since returning to the hobby in 2011! It didn't come the MT-462 but MT-453 instead. It's lost one of its propeller blades and both main gear legs have snapped too. I have the pieces, though, and plenty of Bf 109 parts in spares too. The aileron balances are still there! I have built worse models, and worse kits, since this one.

And oh yes, I located the mislabeled original Heller Bf 109 K kit, actually a late G-6 or a G-14, and just sent an enquiry to the seller. I hope to get that kit to build it side by side the restoration of this old G-6 😊

• Like 6

18 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

And oh yes, I located the mislabeled original Heller Bf 109 K kit, actually a late G-6 or a G-14, and just sent an enquiry to the seller. I hope to get that kit to build it side by side the restoration of this old G-6 😊

Update: I just paid for the little Messerschmitt maquette :yahoo:. How soon can we begin, are we there yet? :bounce:

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

How soon can we begin, are we there yet? :bounce:

No! And you can't have an ice cream either!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Just now, vppelt68 said:

I think I need to pee, so pull over, Dad

Bluddy kids!

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Update: I just paid for the little Messerschmitt maquette :yahoo:. How soon can we begin, are we there yet? :bounce:

@2996 VictorMark, I think this is VPs way of saying he wants to be on the list

EDIT:

He's already there, where did I leave my Optivisor?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, vppelt68 said:

Again? I'm there already as #11 :wink:

I think I need to book another eye test

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Stash for the win! I just found 3 x Heller Vamprie/Mistral kits, one in a Heller box, one in a bag with a Lodela box end, and one Revell edition in a bag, no decals, yet. All are pre '85, so I think I'm good to go. And the bank account is safe for another day (or less).

Cheers,

Chris.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, silverfox63 said:

Stash for the win! I just found 3 x Heller Vamprie/Mistral kits, one in a Heller box, one in a bag with a Lodela box end, and one Revell edition in a bag, no decals, yet. All are pre '85, so I think I'm good to go. And the bank account is safe for another day (or less).

Cheers,

Chris.

Excellent, Chris, on both counts! Form good ol' Scalemates, the FB5 was a new-tool release in 1979 so any of those is good to go. Looks like Revell released a rather snazzy Swiss target tug edition with orange and black stripes - I could be tempted to one of those..... :rofl2:

• Thanks 1

Yes please, I would like to be included. I have plenty of Heller's lovely 1/72 aeroplanes in the stash, so it must be time to build a few.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Jinxman said:

Yes please, I would like to be included. I have plenty of Heller's lovely 1/72 aeroplanes in the stash, so it must be time to build a few.

Hiya, Jinx,

be glad to have you along! Sounds like you've got a good selection to choose from so I'll get you on the list right now.

Cheers, 

Mark

• Thanks 1

• 2996 Victor changed the title to Heller Classic GB II proposal for 2025 ***NOW AT 26***
6 hours ago, Alex.B said:

T-28 in the stash.. so why not join!

That's a lovely kit too

• Like 1

• 2996 Victor changed the title to Heller Classic GB II proposal for 2025 ***Now at 28***Will we make the Magic 30 in just 1 week???***

I feel a T-28 coming on, too! Of course, any Heller lover who signs up for this - and therefore a possible Gallic lover - might like to sign up for my proposed French in Africa GB :). It’s easy - guide your finger to the link below ;)

Mmm.... I can smell the merguez sizzling on the griddle already ;)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Alex.B said:

T-28 in the stash.. so why not join!

8 minutes ago, RidgeRunner said:

Add my name to the list, please

Hi guys and welcome aboard! Thanks for joining in the fun and games :) 

The Bunfight is tantalisingly close now......we can almost reach out and touch it!

Cheers,

Mark

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RidgeRunner said:

I feel a T-28 coming on, too! Of course, any Heller - and therefore Gallic lovers - might like to sign up for my proposed French in Africa GB :). Mmm.... I can smell the merguez sizzling on the griddle already ;)

Already there, old bean! :) Something from Operation Ironclad for me :) 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, 2996 Victor said:

The Bunfight is tantalisingly close now......we can almost reach out and touch it!

Very impressive :)

• Like 1

Will be glad to take part ! Please add me to the list

Heller kits were among the best when I started building plastic models in the early '80s, will be nice to build one now. I have a few of their good ones in the stash, like the Ouragan, Javelin, T-28, Magister...

• Like 1