F202 Messerschmitt Bf.110G Night Fighter

JOCKNEY

Inspired by a recent visit to the RAF museum at Hendon with my mate @jean among the many amazing aircraft on display was the Bf.110G Night Fighter 

Notes_240107_210507_51a

Notes_240107_210513_6a5

So here's F202, which I hope will turn out something similar to the one above 

20240107_210604

Cheers Pat 

• Like 15

Great subject matter Pat and the museum visit with Jean would have been a great and inspirational catch-up. I’ve not seen Frog’s 110, so looking forward to see how this one goes together. 

Cheers and best of luck .. Dave 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, JOCKNEY said:

Inspired by a recent visit to the RAF museum at Hendon with my mate @jean among the many amazing aircraft on display was the Bf.110G Night Fighter 

Notes_240107_210507_51a

Notes_240107_210513_6a5

So here's F202, which I hope will turn out something similar to the one above 

20240107_210604

Cheers Pat 

Hi Pat,

No idea how accurate it is but it builds up nicely. I originally built the G-4 Night Fighter when it came out, and I built the other "Heavy Fighter" version in the Frog Squad GB as in the Inspiration Gallery - that was the trickier of the two as Frog only provide the shrouded NF exhausts so I had to either cut them down and place each stub individually (no chance) or replace them. I seem to remember that because of the shrouds the placement on them was also different from the normal layout but I believe the instructions for the NF are correct. I may still have some decs for the NF version if you have a problem - must check sometime.

Pete

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a Revell boxing of this kit about 70% complete, with the proviso it's "wheels up". What initially tripped me up was attempting to remove the centreline stores rack, which is integral to the airframe - bad idea. The cockpit could definitely do with a bit of tarting up. I find it amusing that an old kit like this includes the ventral "washing line" aerial that is not in some newer kits ...

Edited by klr
  • Like 3

Hi Pat,

I am glad our educational day in Hendon was not totally wasted on you. Great photos you took.

That was the first FROG kit I ever built, and I chose the G-2 version as I liked the colors better...

I DID cut the exhaust and re-glued them one by one.

I can't say it was a job well done, but then I was fairly happy with the end result.

The kit looks good, so you will be happy with the result.

Cheers mate.

JR.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Well at least you have something to do while we hunt for a P-61 canopy! :D

The RAF is great, visited for the first time in ages this year, much better than I expected.

Best wishes for the Bf.110. Hope it's all there (have you looked?)

Cheers,

Charlie

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Johnson said:

Best wishes for the Bf.110. Hope it's all there (have you looked?)

Cheers,

Charlie

Thanks Charlie

I'll check tonight,  fingers crossed it's complete :fingerscrossed:

Cheers Pat 

• Like 3

Nice, smooth plastic there Pat, it looks quite pristine. I'm looking forward to watching this one come together. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 1