My other overdue RFI is my more recently finished Tamiya 1/48 He-219 Uhu.

This one I really enjoyed but ran into all kinds of trouble with the paint and subsequent clear coats.  For whatever reason, the Future/Klear would not cure on the Hataka paints and remained tacky.  After trying everything, I was able to remove the Future with Windex without damaging the paint.  Even though subsequent clear coats were an improvement, the finish still didn't properly cure leading to a great deal of trouble handling the still-slightly-tacky model to completion.  It's going to be a dust magnet...   The whole story is in the WIP.

I painted almost all of the markings, the only decals I used were the "IV" designation at the cockpit.  I was quite happy with the paint job; the squiggle isn't as tight as on the real thing, but it's not bad and by the end I was quite comfortable with its application.  I think I can do better next time though.  The kit itself is Tamiya through and through, well engineered, well produced, a joy to work with.  

The photos.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Cheers.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

I know I said it in the WIP, but this build is absolutely stunning, Mark! You've built it to an incredibly high standard, and I’ve bookmarked the build thread for when I tackle the Ar-234 night fighter that’s in my stash, as it’s the same scheme. Very well done on this!

James

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1