600 Squadron Meteor F8 question

rholland

The old Profile shows 600's squadron leader's aircraft in camouflage, clear canopy, with a white tail. Is this accurate (I can find no photo) and, if yes, can anyone advise me of the serial? Many thanks.

Richard in NZ

I have looked in Cold War Shield and the pictures from 600 Squadron only show the code letter on a white oblong, camouflage and clear canopy no mention of the fin in white for the squadron leader aircraft.

Regards

Robert

• Like 1

I've gone through all of my referances and can't find anything at all about a 600 Squadron Meteor with a white tail. The number one reference for this kind of info, Roger Lindsays 'Cold War Shield Volume 1' makes no mention at all. He does feature a shot of the 600 Sqn CO's aircraft but its an early WH470/W still wearing a natural metal scheme with the early canopy. The caption reads 'featured red/white wing tips and large Sqn Ldr's pennant beneath the cockpit'. There's no date against the photograph.

I did find a colour profile online of a camouflaged uncoded WK671 with a white tail though it had no qualifying notes or photographic references to support it.

• Like 1

Take a look at this page and draw your conclusions:

https://forums.airshows.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=84893&start=225

Edit: Just in case, I was not meaning to sound curt (or Kurt) or anything like that- I simply meant "here's an interesting c;lue, but I don't know any more about it than that."

Edited by gingerbob
  • Like 3