Airfix 1/72 Sd. Kfz 234/4

Doh!

I had painted the inside Humbrol 93, a yellow-sand colour. I've painted the outside Humbrol 94, a rather more orange and slightly lighter sand colour:

A7148-ABE-D7-F9-468-A-975-E-72-A7-B892-C

It's going to stay Humbrol 94 because I've done the wheels and I want to get it done!

I've given the insides a dry-brushing of 94 and will live with it because by the time I get the gun on and the crew in, there won't be much to see of the insides.

• Like 2

Romping home with an hour to spare:

B3434200-61-D1-40-E9-9636-5-D7-F86-C189-

Pictures going into the gallery now...

Thanks for a super GB. I have always wanted to build one of these "properly", and this one is close enough for me. The last one I built was in green plastic with gloss emerald green spots!

Regards,

Adrian

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Just the gun, paint, weathering and final assembly now:

B91-FF484-1849-498-A-BADA-67608998628-C.

Well that was a bit of a whirlwind . I think this was my fave pic showing all the extras you added. What amazing detail. 🤩🙌

I hope they sort your back

out soon dear boy. It must be hell. 🙁

At least you get more modelling g time though. Silver linings and all that.

Great finish Adrian. She looks great painted up too. 😍

Johnny

• Thanks 1

My hat is off to you Adrian. A superb bit of plasticard bashing, and a massive improvement on the original. 👏

All the best with the medical matters too.

Ian

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, IanC said:

plasticard bashing

Thanks Ian, it was actually very satisfying to finally fix those pesky mudguards and great fun to make all the tools.

My hobby room also doubles as my home office. I had to bash a bit more plastic to make a suspension unit yesterday after spending ten minutes failing to find it. This morning I pulled out my laptop, glanced down at the floor and lo and behold...

Regards,

Adrian

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Trevor L said:

I would have claimed it was deliberate, in order to create the effect of shade leading to a darker interior.

I often mix colors fresh for each coat: I'm not above that at all when they don't quite match somewhere....

• Like 1

Glad to hear the medicals let you go home, man!

Great job on the  model, though you did exceed your 'assemble the kit' brief. I liked the old Airfix armor, the Bren Carrier was something else to a Yank's eye when I found the kit. I still turn over the idea of getting one and seeing what I can do now....

Beating a deadline by a few minutes is one of a group build's thrills....

• Thanks 1