Space 1999 Eagle Transporter

This was a rather nice Christmas present from MrsT and the MiL. I've been building since Boxing Day, which, by my standards, makes it a very long build!

It's the new-ish mpc 1/72 Scale kit, which first appeared in 2019.  Far more complex than the previous mpc/Airfix kit (which is about 1/96 apparently), this one is 35cm long when completed (14 inches).  It makes an interesting comparison with the 1/72 Millennium Falcon!

Nothing particular to report on the build - it all fits together very nicely as you would expect for what was not a cheap kit !   😁

wp0dbb5f60_05_06.jpg

wpb940f673_05_06.jpg

wpca44522c_05_06.jpg

wp1f94f096_05_06.jpg

wp06024415_05_06.jpg

wp686829fe_05_06.jpg

wp6df9530b_05_06.jpg

twoships.jpg

FredT :)

Edited by gengriz
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 3

• gengriz changed the title to Space 1999 Eagle Transporter

That looks amazing, so much better than the Airfix version. Always liked that 'insect' shape. I built the Airfix kit as a kid and, like a few others i suppose, spent hours filing out the plastic between the struts to make it more like the real thing. Happy days.

• 7 months later...

Nicely done, and good to see you do the red stripes of the Rescue Eagle. How did you find the challenge of masking such a complex shape?

I love the Eagle as you can tell, I've built quite a few of them since Round 2 started producing the kits in 2015. Sadly I can't say the same for the TV series anymore :D

7 hours ago, Kallisti said:

Nicely done, and good to see you do the red stripes of the Rescue Eagle. How did you find the challenge of masking such a complex shape?

It is an excellent kit - but you are right, the red was difficult;  it bled through into the indented sections several times and had to be re-done.   I do prefer the splash of colour that it adds though!

FredT

• Like 1