Where to find 1/48 or 1/32 AGM-119 Penguins?

RMP2

Looking for these in 1/32 or 1/48 in the best possible detail along with decals. 

Both the folded and extended wing versions would be ideal.

Any suggestions of where to look? 

Aftermarket or kit spares begging?

Believe it or not it's a Valentines thing. Wierd I know but is what it is

Edited by RMP2

7 hours ago, exdraken said:

Bosse  put some on his Norwegian F-16 in 1/48 here:

Thank you. It is a start, but that is as far as I have gotten myself re the Kinetic F-16 kit having a pair in the box. It seems that they are illusive little buggers especially in 1/48 and non existent in 1/32 by the looks of it. Odd, as I thought they were rather well liked as they are quirky looking things.

Does anyone know where else they might be found with either folded or non-folded fins?

• RMP2 changed the title to Where to find 1/48 or 1/32 AGM-119 Penguins?

The short wing Penguin Mk.3 (AGM-119A) was only used on Norwegian F-16s. The long (folding) wing Penguin Mk.1/2 (AGM-119B) missile was used on USN SH-60B Sea Hawks, and also by the Norwegian Navy (on patrol boats).

A set (two missiles) of 1/48 scale AGM-119As was made by Shull24 some years ago. Unfortunately the manufacturer is no longer in business. I don't think the Penguins were ever made in 1/32 scale.

Nils

• Like 2

4 hours ago, RMP2 said:

but that is as far as I have gotten myself re the Kinetic F-16 kit having a pair in the box.

You did not state that as far as I remember... sorry if repetitiv ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, exdraken said:

You did not state that as far as I remember... sorry if repetitiv ;)

I found them only after I originally posted, no apology required 

1 hour ago, Vingtor said:

The short wing Penguin Mk.3 (AGM-119A) was only used on Norwegian F-16s. The long (folding) wing Penguin Mk.1/2 (AGM-119B) missile was used on USN SH-60B Sea Hawks, and also by the Norwegian Navy (on patrol boats).

A set (two missiles) of 1/48 scale AGM-119As was made by Shull24 some years ago. Unfortunately the manufacturer is no longer in business. I don't think the Penguins were ever made in 1/32 scale.

Nils

Thank you for that. I found the same today regarding Shull24 in a few other forums' posts asking the same about Penguin availability.

I guess that if they were used by so few aircraft that may well explain why they havnt been covered by aftermarket folk.

However! What I did find on (US, not UK) Amazon was these: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MS71YN2/ref=ewc_pr_img_1?smid=A1K1DSI1DMDW8G&psc=1

Now it only shows the CAD drawings and I have not dealt with 3D printed model bits before but its something, if a little uncertain in regard to the finish. Ill email the seller and see if I can get some photos of the actual items

3 minutes ago, exdraken said:

Maybe asking Eduard would be promising in the mid term...

It certainly wouldnt hurt.
They have covered the JP233 so they dont seem to mind the oddball, low market bits

• 1 year later...

Don't know how I found this old thread but...

The Kinetic 1/48 F-16AM boxing (48002) has a pair (sprue DD) - I have this kit and won't be using them so PM me if still nterested, yours for the p&p.

Mike

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RMP2 said:

Thanks. I think they are the ones I saw on Amazon. I am just a bit unsure of 3D printed bits

I 3D print replacement parts for most of my models now. It's relatively similar to working with resin aftermarket though a small amount of sanding may be required.

Care must be taken when removing the parts from supports. 

• Like 1