Yet Another Challenger 2

Hamden

22 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

I will tag along for this one., if I may.

Feel free to take a seat the more the merrier, and thank you for the kind comments.

Stay safe            Roger 

• Like 1

Thanks for the likes and comments they really help to keep this on track!

First of all 105 Squadron RLC have delivered the new sprockets ready to be fitted. First off a reminder of what is fitted to the vehicle(or will be when completed)

IMG_0127.jpg

This the replacement sprockets during casting

IMG_0129.jpg

and finally the replacements on there pallet awaiting fitting

IMG_0130.jpg

IMG_0131.jpg

Last of all for this update the hull and turret have had a first visit to the paint shop, these will give you an idea of what the finished CR2 will look like

IMG_0132.jpg

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

Thanks for stopping by and I hope all your projects are going to plan!

Stay safe                    Roger

• Like 6

I take it that the Maintenance Crew are at the NAFFI then Roger.

Nice work there sir.

I didn`t realise that the turret was so big, externally that is.

I have been told that they are quite cramped inside.

Simon.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Spookytooth said:

I have been told that they are quite cramped inside.

You're right Simon by the time you have three blokes and all the kit inside turret there's not a lot of space left. A lot of kit gets hung on the outside of the vehicle and I have known the extra fuel tanks/drums carried on the rear of the hull being swopped for plastic drums with a canvas cover fitted for personal kit stowage.

I see you're in Portsmouth so I don't suppose you know if Westborne Models is still in existence at the top end of the High Street, my daughter lectures at the university and I came across them whilst waiting for her to finish work one day but that was before the first lock down.

Stay safe          Roger   

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ivan-o said:

What are the four openings on the front hull?

Fuel bag tank access panels - I'm intending to show the front RH bag tank being changed if all goes according to plan. There are four bags in separate but connected compartments  on each side of the hull. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Fuel bag tank access panels - I'm intending to show the front RH bag tank being changed if all goes according to plan. There are four bags in separate but connected compartments  on each side of the hull. 

Thanks mate always wondered what was under there👍Keep it going lovely build!

• Like 1

Thanks to everyone for the comments and likes they are very much appreciated.

A little bit of weathering has been done and the front right hand fuel bag has been shown part pulled out of its position in the RH panier.

I have been playing around with the final display setting although that is a way off yet I have decided to put the pictures below so if you have any feed back please feel free to comment. Not shown in the pictures are the pallet with the replacement sprocket rings and the boxes with the replacement hydrogas suspension units, I also intend to scratch an access ladder.

IMG_0135.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

IMG_0137.jpg

IMG_0138.jpg

Thanks for looking

Stay safe                  Roger

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 3/19/2022 at 3:14 PM, Hamden said:

I see you're in Portsmouth so I don't suppose you know if Westborne Models is still in existence at the top end of the High Street,

Might have missed something but isnt Westbourne models in Bournemouth....certainly not Pompey ???

45 minutes ago, junglierating said:

Might have missed something but isnt Westbourne models in Bournemouth....certainly not Pompey ???

I may have got the name wrong it's been two years since I last went into Portsmouth, there was a model shop right at the top end of the High Street very close to the end of motorway link from the M27. Brain/memory not what it used to be!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

First off thanks to all who have followed, liked and commented on this project I have really appreciated the response from you all.

I am now calling this one finished with the exception of a couple of figures yet to be painted and added to help tell the story of the winter repair programme at BATUS around 2008/9 so as to be able to finish the model in the two tone camouflage rather than the later single colour which came in around 2009. I've tried to show the vehicle under going work such as the replacement of road wheels, hydro-gas suspension units, drive sprockets, hydrolic track tensioner and a fuel bag tank.

Anyway here are the pictures

IMG_0139.jpg

IMG_0140.jpg

IMG_0141.jpg

IMG_0142.jpg

IMG_0143.jpg

IMG_0144.jpg

IMG_0145.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

Thanks again for your time and support and if anyone is going to the Poole Vikings model show next Saturday 23 I have a table with a friend so feel free to stop by and say hello, it would be good to put faces to names.

Stay safe           Roger

• Like 6