Yet Another Challenger 2

Hamden

14 hours ago, Hamden said:

Afraid not, very little would be seen anyway but thanks for asking.

I was only involved in the automotive side of the servicing/repair the turret was left to the armourers to work there magic.

Stay safe          Roger 

I cheated with mine  - I used the inners from the Full interior RFM  M1A2  Abrams,   and used any photo reference I could find  and a bit od scratch  building.

Erk.

• Like 1

On 17/10/2021 at 07:57, Hamden said:

Afraid not, very little would be seen anyway but thanks for asking.

I was only involved in the automotive side of the servicing/repair the turret was left to the armourers to work there magic.

Stay safe          Roger 

This is what I did with mine  to the best of my ablity   - 

Erk.

2 hours ago, ERK said:

This is what I did with mine  to the best of my ablity   - 

Erk.

That's a stunning CR2 you have there, thanks for sharing. I'll go back and have another read through in a bit when I have five minutes or so.

Thanks so much for sharing your work here

Stay safe             Roger

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

First off thanks for your comments and likes they do make a difference.

Not a lot done on this but the GUE exhaust has been completed and the LH fuel base tank put in place together with the start of the fuel system pipe work.

Although I didn't take any pictures I have made masters for the main engine exhausts and the pack side face of the final drives these to be resin cast if the mould works out ok. The silicone I have for making the mould has exceeded its shelf life so may not cure properly, time will tell!

Anyway here is a couple of pics: of where things stand at present.

IMG-0070.jpg

IMG-0071.jpg

IMG-0072.jpg

Thanks for stopping by

Stay safe                   Roger

• Like 18

• 1 month later...

Hi it's been  awhile since I last updated  this thread but things have progressed slowly. First up I needed to represent the inner faces of the final drives which I did by making a master from plastic card that although not 100% accurate does the job for me, I just need to remember to make a representation of the muff couplings. Then the refuel/defuel pump was added to the LH rear of the pack compartment together with it's pipe work. The air con: pump was added to the RH rear of the pack compartment. The parking brake linkage was also added to the hull at this time together with the operating cable for the LH side, next it was time to add the fuel pipe work to the aux: gen: base tank and LH side of the pack bay. This is where things went a little pear shaped when the base tank split whilst being drilled to take the pipes (sorry no pictures of the problem) I made a replacement tank from a small piece of resin sprue left over from my earlier CRAARV build I also had to replace part of the fuel tank panier wall at the front of the pack bay on the LH side. Nearly all of the pipe work has now been added to the LH side and the front pack mounting has been fabricated and added to the front pack bay wall. Enough waffle from me I'll let the pictures tell the story

IMG-0073.jpg

IMG-0074.jpg

IMG-0075.jpg

IMG-0076.jpg

IMG-0079.jpg

IMG-0080.jpg

IMG-0081.jpg

Many thanks for ALL your likes and comments your time is most appreciated

Stay safe                     Roger

• Like 18

• 3 weeks later...

May I take this opportunity to wish you all a HAPPY NEW YEAR and hope your Christmas was all you wanted!

No pictures for this update as I'm still working on the fuel pipes and control cables in the pack bay so not a lot different looking to the pics: above. 

Many thanks for taking an interest in this project, your time is very much appreciated

Stay safe        Roger  

• Like 7

6 hours ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Roger. Happy New Year. Very impressive work on the detailing. Looking forward to seeing more. :popcorn:

Kind regards, 

Stix

Same to you PlaStix and thank you for the comment

Stay safe        Roger

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Apart from the centre engine/gearbox mounting I'm calling the pack bay done!

Fuel pipes, control cables, fire wire, most of pack mounts, GUE mounting and base tanks all added. I have purposely left out the fire extinguisher pipes as I can't find decent pictures of the pipe runs in the engine bay and I also think it would look to overcrowded with them added at this scale! Anyway here is where it stands at present

IMG-0085.jpg

IMG-0086.jpg

IMG-0087.jpg

IMG-0088.jpg

Thanks for stopping by, your time, comments and likes are much appreciated

Stay safe                  Roger

• Like 17

Right a very quick short update but first a big thank you for all the likes and comments, they really do help! this project has almost headed to the bin on several occasions.

Having said previously that I wasn't going to anything inside the turret I am now of the opinion that a small amount of detail will be visible through the open hatches so I have decided to put some detail in the turret just to make it looked lived in. The pics: show the start of planning and work on this area, nothing much just clean up and measurements taken

IMG-0089.jpg

IMG-0090.jpg

Thanks for looking more soon

Stay safe      Roger

• Like 9