Unable to see someone's pictures

I just tried to view this thread and there are several pictures that just appear as flickering grey rectangles one line deep. Other people seem to be able to see them, why not me? I have tried on a couple of occasions at different times of the day.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235079248-172-mach-2-so-9050-trident-ii/

John

I can't see them in the thread either but I just copy the picture links into a new browser window and view the pictures that way.

Dave

I can see the photos without any problems. The image size doesn't seem to be excessive but when I checked the image address it mentioned 'scontent' and when I looked to to see what that is, it mentions that the photos may be stored on Facebook. Facebook isn't a suitable photo hosting site for hotlinking so perhaps that might be the problem. I'll ask the bod who posted the photos.

5 hours ago, Gorby said:

I can see the photos without any problems. The image size doesn't seem to be excessive but when I checked the image address it mentioned 'scontent' and when I looked to to see what that is, it mentions that the photos may be stored on Facebook. Facebook isn't a suitable photo hosting site for hotlinking so perhaps that might be the problem. I'll ask the bod who posted the photos.

It looks like they are linking from the book of face.

I can see them fine tho?

On 8/30/2020 at 5:14 PM, Julien said:

It looks like they are linking from the book of face.

I can see them fine tho?

If you have logged in/visited FB with same browser, it will keep that cookie session alive. Not logged in on FB = no pics. 

Apart from the nasty habit of having a time-to-live on the token generated in the URL where the pictures are linked from... causing it to disappear after a certain time (just like Google Photos)

• Like 1