This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Guy H

New or returning

Hi all,

lockdown led me to finally build the 1/24 2CV I got for Christmas as a replica of our 1/1 scale in the garage. My first model since 1981. Cheapo Amazon airbrush but i'm happy. Now have a stash of WW2 1/72 aircraft to develop my skills on. Airfix Mk1 Spit (we all started there). ME109 Revell and Arma hobby Hurricane with PE set! So a steep learning curve. Lots of youtube, Liking Will Pattison for explaining what he is doing. Might return to cars to scratch build a Dutton Phaeton if i can find some plans and build up my skills. Also thinking Hunter in 1/48 as FR10 as my dad used to fly them, but that is some way off.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png   

Hello Guy...:post1: from the other side of the pond in Chicago. Great work for a come back build. Im mostly a WW2 & Cold-war aircraft builder. Sometimes break up the monotony with armor or Sci-fi. 

Dennis

That is a nice outcome for a returnee.

Hey everyone, I'm Jason and I'm an aeronautical engineering student living in Kilmarnock. I started building scale models models as a kid and stopped during my teenage years, taking the hobby back up again when I turned 30. I became a dad not long after so I have been a bit on an off since. As such, I have not really built my skill level up much  and will be looking here for advice and inspiration. 

:welcome:aboard Guy - that's a nice looking 2CV, so I don't know why you think it's not as good as others? ;)

It's a very good looking model. No apologies needed there!

Thanks guys but in spite of having the 1/1 in the garage I got so fixated spraying the wings and door trim I missed the boot! After a few deep breaths and then a few more I will have to mask it up and finish it, again!

Welcome to THE BEST modelling group i have ever been a member of! Great to see someone in Sconnie Botland, Ayrshire is not far from me; Welcome aboard!