Nordic Heavy Metal Pt 4 - Mig-21

Enzo the Magnificent

2 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I'm liking the look of this, I've been contemplating a KoPro Mig-21Bis like @John D.C. Masters has built when I saw this too & thought, "I've got that kit", having forgotten its Finnish option. Alas, the Finnish roundels are quite out of register, but otherwise the decals look good so with some AM roundels, I'll be OK. :) Not for this GB though. :( 

Sorry to hear you're saving this one Steve as it would have been in good company here.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

but otherwise the decals look good so with some AM roundels, I'll be OK. :)

Yay!  :thumbsup:  

9 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Not for this GB though. :(

Awwwww  :sad:

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind thought guys, much as I'd love to, me & GBs aren't happening much just now, did I say GBs, I meant modelling. :( A couple of Mustangs started that were going to be in the Mustang GB, might get a WiP now & might get done by years end. :(  :( 

For now, my best therapy is watching builds like this & buying more kits. :) 

Steve.

1 hour ago, Col. said:

Sorry to hear that @stevehnz, hope you're getting through what ever you're going through.

Thanks Col, its nothing too awful, just life being bloody uncooperative far too much of the time just now. It'll come right. :)

Steve.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

A minor update.  Did a bit of detail painting.  The natural metal areas were sprayed with Alclad aluminium.  The green dielectric panels ate Tamiya XF-5 Flat Green.

spacer.png 

Undersurfaces were sprayed with Lifecolor UA-541 Vaalean harmaa    Apologies for the no doubt dreadful spelling, but that's what it said on the label. :)  

spacer.png

And suddenly...   the decals appeared!  :D 

spacer.png

• Like 4