Tamiya Castrol Celica 1/24

andyh

Started this kit back in February and all was going great until I had to paint the window rubbers and start the decals.

I made a right mare off it and decided to soak the body in Dettol to remove the paint and decals, this worked great and then I dropped it, breaking the pillars, so I packed the chassis up which was completed and left it for a few months.

So last month I purchased the kit again, as well as a Fine Tip Sharpie and some fine paint brushes and started again, this time all went well. There are a couple of things Im not happy with but I enjoyed it in the end, and the decals were not as bad as I expected.

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 9

Great work andy well done. For the window rubbers I use 4mm masking tape carefully placed along the line where rubber meets body. Then I use a fine brush and Vallejo model colour black. Be sure to paint up to and over the edge of the masking tape. Don't leave tape to long once paint is dry. This method works for me and is surprisingly quick and easy to use.

Regards Andy

• Like 1

Looks like a good end result. I wouldn't worry about not feeling it's perfect - I bet there isn't anyone here who looks at their own model and feels it's perfect (even those which look amazing here I'm sure will have some bits the builder wishes were a little different).

I'd second Andy's suggestion on window rubbers, although personally I use Tamiya's 2mm tape as I prefer the thinner tape to follow the curves easier. Also, I don't know if you have any Microsol (or similar), but if you put a bit on the more complex curves it could enhance the way the decals sit on the body even more. (Not a criticism at all as you've done a great job on what looks like tricky decalling project).