Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

andyh

Members
  • Content Count

    32
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

168 Excellent

About andyh

  • Rank
    Newbie
  • Birthday June 14

Profile Information

  • Gender
    Male
  • Location
    Northampton

Recent Profile Visitors

The recent visitors block is disabled and is not being shown to other users.

  1. This was my 2nd bike build, and must admit I have been well and truly bitten by the bike building bug, building cars is still my favourite, but I do love all the intricate details on the bikes, and strangely enough I enjoy all the pipework. As always being a Tamiya kit, it goes together really well with no issues, it has been painted with a mixture of Halfords Automotive rattle cans, vallejo and tamiya acrylic paints. Hope you enjoy.
  2. Thankyou. I didnt airbrush the Pledge on, just brush painted it on, let it dry overnight then gave it another coat
  3. I am really glad this build is all over, had quite a lot of issues. Hardly anything fitted as it should, then half way through the build I discovered that the clear parts were not packed in the box, so had to wait 3 weeks for Revell to send them out. The body has been painted with a rattle can from Halfords, then 2 gloss coats using Pledge. It hasn't come out too bad despite the issues
  4. Been wanting to build one of these for some time now, and must admit it was a real joy to build. It all went together well, I was worried about the decals going on but all was good.
  5. So this was my first ever bike build, and must admit I was really looking forward to it. But things didnt start well, the paint I was using which was a Halfords Automotive rattle can, just didnt sit well and so I had to strip, sand and start again....I later discovered I hadnt shaken the can well enough. So I decided to pack the kit away, as I had a few other builds and come back to it later. And after a few weeks I picked the kit up again, and it just all fell together. I had a couple of issues with the decals, but nothing a bit of touch up paint would clear up. I ended up absolutely loving this build, and really pleased with the end result, so much so I have just brought another couple of bike builds. Anyway I hope you enjoy.
  6. Started this kit back in February and all was going great until I had to paint the window rubbers and start the decals. I made a right mare off it and decided to soak the body in Dettol to remove the paint and decals, this worked great and then I dropped it, breaking the pillars, so I packed the chassis up which was completed and left it for a few months. So last month I purchased the kit again, as well as a Fine Tip Sharpie and some fine paint brushes and started again, this time all went well. There are a couple of things Im not happy with but I enjoyed it in the end, and the decals were not as bad as I expected.
  7. Another kit I have had for ages and only got the confidence to build it a few months ago, this was an absolute pleasure to build and I tried a few PE parts for the first time. Again just used a rattle can from Halfords and then polished it up, really pleased with the outcome.
  8. Ive had this kit for years and decided it was time to give it a go. The panels were quite badly warped, so that was challenging, in fact you can see where the front wheel doesnt quite touch the floor because of the warping. Apart from that I really enjoyed this build, and the Halfords paint that I used on the Renault 5 was put to good use on this...hope you enjoy.
  9. Just nearly finished VW Samba in the same blue as this Renault, then got a few to choose from. Brought a Motorbike kit from Tamiya as I have never built one before, also brought a BMW M3 from Beemax, then ive got a 1/16 Porsche 356 Cabriolet so a couple to choose from
  10. Many thanks. I then use the Halfords Clear Lacquer. But have found it burns through decals so lay the decals on top of the clear coat.
  11. Hi Andy, I used Halfords Grey Primer and then Halfords Ford Matisse Blue
  12. Just finished this kit, and really pleased with the outcome. No real issues with it, apart from the bonnet fit which was terrible.
  13. Hi, thankyou. I used Halfords Grey Primer, then Halfords Toyota White straight out of a rattle can, and I then used the Halfords Clear Lacquer. Then I put the decals on with no issues. But you cant use the clear lacquer over the decals as it eats through them.
  14. Here is my latest classic rally car build. Im really enjoying building these classics and this was a pretty good kit. The build went well apart from the chassis did not want to fit to the body, but after a bit of fettling I got there, the decals were a bit daunting but went down really well.
  15. This was a pretty straightforward build, the only issue I had was the rear wheels were at an angle. I will remove them and fix when I get a minute, other than that this is a nice build that I really enjoyed.
×
×
  • Create New...