Airfix 1/48 Meteor FR9

jaw

I wonder when this kit will be released. First off according to the Airfix website it was June - but that has gone. Then it is July - but that is nearly all gone. And still no sign of it!

John

4 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Ask @Denford he seems to know what’s going on with all things Airfix. The rest of us just make it up as we go! 

Cheers.. Dave 

Deeply flattered! 

No, I don't know what's going on there, just trying to use logic.  Boring I know. 

My mole 'left' there awhile ago, not that he'd have told me anything!

Wasn't aware that June/July had been mentioned , ordered mine and the 1/48 Hunter when they were first announced and at that point was expecting one around October/November and the other November/December , be nice if either or both arrived early.

@jaw

Actually taking a closer look at this I believe the initial expected release date for this kit was around November this year. Back in January I started this thread which was all aimed at having a bit of fun. I should update it again, however besides a month delay with the Wellington, Airfix’s releases have so far gone pretty close to plan. 

So save your Meteor pennies and go and buy a Welly for the time being! 

Cheers.. Dave. 

In addition to my note about the Meteor FR9, I did contact Airfix via their Facebook page and asked the same question. They have replied to say that there is a delay on the release of the FR9, although they did not specify why. The delay might be several weeks, and the website will be updated when they have more information. I see that the one that was shown on eBay has now disappeared.

John