1/35 Tamiya 'Jagdpanther'

Hello all,

My first post which is also my first completed project since returning to the hobby of my childhood.  Hoping for some constructive criticism if the photos adequately display the finished build.

Cheers,

Charles

IMG_0252

IMG_0240

IMG_0242

IMG_0244

IMG_0253

IMG_0254

IMG_0248

IMG_0234

• Like 12

That's pretty impressive.  I like the treatment on the wheels especially but I think you should dirty up the tracks some more to go with the wheels.  Mind you the tracks are

dark enough, they just need more dirt.

It looks like brush painting in places and if so it's fantastic.  I can never get a brush to do what I want no matter how I coax it.

If this is the first project then keep them coming.

Lloyd

Thanks guys,

I stopped building kits about 10 years ago and felt the need to do something creative again so dug out this Jagdpanther from my storage.  I had two PE sets for it and a barrel.  The gun cleaning tube is from aluminium and bits of scrap PE. Replacement to cable is from stripped electrical wire, the shovel handle is stretched sprue and the comms antenna is a length of brass wire. I used quite a lot of artistic licence on the build because I liked seeing the barrel cleaning tube on the engine deck and none of the reference pictures I could find for camo really grabbed me, so I just imagined a scheme that seemed interesting. The base coat is Tamiya mixes sprayed onto Mr Surfacer with mostly Vallejo and artists oils for the weathering, etc. I'd be interested to know which parts look brush painted. I did have a bit of a nightmare with an acrylic wash that I put on first.  It didn't want to play when I was cleaning it up using a cotton bud and rubbing alcohol, ate through the gloss coat and started to rub away the base coat. I also probably should have weathered the inside of the wheels, might go back and do that as well as give it a bit of a dusting when I get some chalk pastels. I had a couple of super budget pigment powders that I used on the tracks with turpentine as the fixer but it doesn't really show well on the photos. Anyway, I'm working on HMS Agamemnon now. Takes me ages to make a lot of progress on anything with work and family, but I'll hopefully be an occasional contributer here. Spent plenty of those ten years away from the hobby looking at forums like this one feeling itchy to have another go.

Cheers,

Charles

Very nice indeed, you added alot of nice details. 2 Obvious things, you might want to make a hole into the gun sight on top and add a bit of paint to the fire extinguisher. The rust is a lot, but I guess that was an abbandoned vehicle
? Then the tracks and spare treack might need some rust as well to better blend into the overall appearance. The paint scheme is fantastic. I like it :)

I was thinking the covers over the exhausts were brush painted but now that you mention it I can see it's pigments, whatever it is I like the look.

The camo scheme might be imaginary but it turned out looking great. I really like the way you have sort of outlined the green with the brown and blended the two.  That's another reason

I thought it was brushed as my airbrush and skills sure couldn't duplicate that.

Ship models, I spent 3 years on a 1/200 USS Missouri and while I like ship models that was probably the last.  But then again there's a 1/200 Hood and Nelson and maybe someday a

POW so I may venture back into it again.

Take care,

Lloyd