PK-82 T-34, Finished!

modelling minion

First a big thank you to Steve, Stew and Patrice for your kind comments, they are much appreciated.

I have finally got around to adding the finishing touches to this build, ie fixing the T-34 to the base and adding the figure.

Lets start with the figure, now this is not my work.  I asked my son to paint him as the T-34 was bought for me by my son as he knows how much I used to like building Matchbox armour kits so without him I wouldn't have been able to take part in this GB which I have really enjoyed, he is also a very good figure painter and does excellent Warhammer figures and vehicles, so without further ado here is "Ivan".

38387759782_31842d15fd_o_d.jpg

38387766062_8c76ca9f85_o_d.jpg

Good isn't he.

And now for the main attraction, the T-34. Here it is, complete with Ivan, added to the base.

37704653334_d0faafe57c_o_d.jpg

37704656094_085f64624f_o_d.jpg

The tank actually fits the grooves in the base for the tracks very well and only required some gentle pressure applied to it whilst the super glue that attaches it to the base went off. I then added some "snow" to both the tracks themselves and the wheels and to cover the area where the tracks meet the base, and finally to Ivan's boots.

38419137281_0732c08ddd_o_d.jpg

So thats it! All done, finally. I will leave with a German soldier's view of the T-34.

38419162401_8e5ea0c0e1_o_d.jpg

Thanks to all of you who have looked in during the build, your kind words and encouragement are gratefully appreciated. I have really enjoyed this GB and love seeing the great work that is being done on these classic kits, I shall continue to watch with interest. It only remains to thank our hosts for this very entertaining GB. I shall post more pics in the gallery.

Craig.

• Like 7

Excellent result and so good to see a family modelling connection linked to the build and theme. Let’s just say that I wouldn’t want to be ‘Herman the German’ have to face Ivan and that masty looking T-34.. the head shot is most sinister. 

Beautifully modelled in every way. 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 1

Hi Craig,

Hope you are well. Sorry I managed to miss this before - not been looking in the GB section for a while as I'm not currently building anything in a GB! (Odd I know!). That's a poor excuse, I know, but luckily I spotted your finished build in the RFI section. What a cracking project from this golden oldie (the kit not you!). Your work on the kit really paid off. I really like the scheme - not seen that before(!) and the base, with the addition of the figure, really brings it to life. I'm looking forward to seeing some more armour builds from you at some point! Very well done. :thumbsup:

Kind regards,

Stix

• Like 1

Cheers Stix,

I know you have been very busy with your Panzer III so no worries, it's difficult for all of us to keep track of what all our friends on here are doing all of the time.

I'm glad you like the T-34 mate, knowing how good your armour is this means a lot. This will not be my last armour as I'm signed up for a few armour STGB's, and if a few more (well a lot actually!) would vote for the 80's Asia GB for next year then I might be persuaded to build something armoured for that one too!

• Like 1